𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬

y/n and atsumu walk into the kitchen where she sat on the lone dinning table and he leans back on the kitchen counter

y/n and atsumu walk into the kitchen where she sat on the lone dinning table and he leans back on the kitchen counter. they stare at each other, waiting for one of them to start talking. but since they're both stubborn, they end up waiting precisely six minutes and twenty-two seconds before atsumu caves in and talks.

"what was your question again?" atsumu asks, sighing disappointedly as he leans on the counter and crosses his arms.

y/n slouches back in her seat, keeping her hands faced down on the table as she speaks. "why'd you come up with the fake dating idea? couldn't we have just set someone else up with shouta?" y/n asks.

"it was the easiest option at the time. why'd you end up tagging along with it since i was 'avoiding the conversation'?" atsumu asks, holding his hands up in the air and making air quotes.

y/n squints at him, thinking back at their conversation a couple weeks ago when she saw him on her jog. "are you sure fake dating was the easiest option? or is there more—"

"hey hey, answer my question first," atsumu cuts in, raising his voice a little louder than hers.

"it just felt nice for a moment," y/n begins to say, avoiding eye contact with atsumu and staring at the kitchen sink next to him. "for people to think that i have a boyfriend. that i have a life outside of my parent's store and swim," she explains.

atsumu sits up straight as he stares at y/n. "at first, the fake dating plan was to get shouta away from you. but i felt the same, about people knowing that i have a girlfriend. especially how other girls get jealous and try to talk to me more," atsumu adds.

"well, now you can do something with those girls who are all over you," y/n says, standing up from her seat.

"where are you going?" atsumu asks, following her towards the front door.

y/n looks over her shoulder as she walks, "i'm goin' home. we're done talkin' about this, right? or did you have more things to say."

atsumu shakes his head as he follows her to the front door. as they remain in silence, atsumu feels as if he'll regret letting her leave. before her hand touches the door knob, he speaks. "y/n," he says, causing her to turn around. "why'd you get angry when i mentioned your swim time earlier."

"do you really wanna know?" y/n asks, watching atsumu nod his head. "during the first month of school, my time wouldn't improve. so i trained harder and thought about my moves as much as i could. until this first year who's new to the swim team appears out of nowhere and beats my personal best during her first practice."

"and i don't know," y/n gives a small laugh under her breath, "maybe i'm not good anymore."

"how could you say that!?" atsumu disgustingly asks, staring at y/n. "so what, some other girl beat your time, there's gonna be a shit ton of people who's gonna be naturally better than you. get over it."

"get over it?" y/n repeats. "i cant, that's the problem. i fucking suck now. i'm a weak swimmer who can't improve, the only thing i can do is fucking quit at this point—"

"you've defeated me countless times," atsumu points out. "listening to the one person (besides my brother) just easily give up disgusts me."

"yeah well, i'm disgusted of myself too, big fucking deal," y/n snaps back, waving her hands in the air then opening the front door. the second her foot steps outside, atsumu grabs her arm and pulls her inside, wrapping her a hug.

she wasn't in the mood, nor was ready for a hug. but the moment his arms cradled her back gently, and his hand held onto the back of her head, she started to cry. y/n never even realized how exhausted she is until she buries her face into his chest and closes her eyes.

the door shuts behind them as they slowly sink to the ground. "it's okay," atsumu whispers, feeling y/n's body weight slowly fall onto him as he continues to hold her. y/n's entire body shakes as she silently cries. she wraps her arms around his waist, becoming to grow more comfortable with him.

y/n parts from him, quickly wiping her tears with her shirt. she looks at atsumu, feeling the urge to do something that either ruins or adds onto the moment. caving in with her urges, she ends up kissing him.

atsumu pulls her away from him by holding onto her shoulders. "i'm sorry— i didn't mean to— i just—" y/n begins to stutter, but is instantly shut up by atsumu kissing her back.

y/n wakes up in the middle of the night in a bed that's not hers, nor in the bunk bed atsumu and osamu has. she looks around the dark room, finding herself in the same clothes. atsumu slowly opens the door, allowing light from the hallway to blind y/n as she squints.

"oh, you're up," atsumu says, holding a glass of water and placing it on the bedside table.

"what time is it? i should call my mom—" y/n tries to say as she sits up, but is interrupted by atsumu.

"it's a little past nine, and your mom called me after you didn't pick up. i told her you fell asleep on the couch and i carried you into the guest room," atsumu tells her, sitting on the edge of the bed. "are you feeling alright? you fell asleep after you calmed down earlier."

"yeah, i'm okay now. i guess i needed a moment to let out my bottled up feelings, that's all," y/n says, sitting on the edge of the bed with her shoulder touching atsumu's. she rests her head on his shoulder, which somehow causes them both to lie down on their backs at the same time.

"now what," atsumu says, staring up at the ceiling. "do you even like me?" atsumh asks, wrapping his pinky around hers without looking.

"probably. sometimes i get a nervous feeling in my stomach when we talk," y/n says, moving her hand to fully hold onto his.

even though they've held hands countless of times at school, hugged for show, kissed each other's cheeks to pretend they were happy together; this moment when they held hands, it was completely different. compared to before when they didn't know why, now they do.

it's because they actually have a crush on each other, but both of them have been stupidly stubborn to admit it to themselves.

AN: LMAO FIRST DAY OF SENIOR YEAR SND MY FRIENDS AND I ALL SAID "ewwwwww" WHEN WE SAW MY EX BOYFRIEND 😭😭 also my brother cut me in line 🧍‍♀️