𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

years has passed since y/n and atsumu both disagreed. their last moment was in her room, arguing and hoping that the other drops their stubborn act.

since the past couple of years, y/n moved to irvine alone. she's kept in contact with osamu miya, sharing simple words about her experiences and never once asking about his twin brother. she enjoys her life, is all she could say if she was asked.

atsumu began his career as a professional volleyball player, playing for the MSBY jackals and slowly forgetting y/n. theres been times where he'd catch osamu on the phone with her and hear her voice. when he did, his heart sunk back into the ground as his mind remembers the nostalgic feeling of her touch and her laughter.

it's not worth asking me what she's up to now, osamu would constantly state as he'd make atsumu's onigiri. he frequently used the mold y/n bought him for his eighteenth birthday, one that atsumu vividly remembers osamu taking it out of the bag the day she handed it to him.

they've tried to send emails to each other;

18 / 02 / 2015

to: y/n l/n
from: atsumu miya
subject: __________

hey! it's been a while since we last talked, how are you? i hope you're doing well.

31 / 12 / 2015

to: atsumu miya
from: y/n l/n
subject: hello

i miss you, happy new year.

however they could never find it in themselves to hit send. they waited for the other to say something first, their ignorance and stubbornness blinded them from the fact how they knew they still loved each other.

y/n also questioned what atsumu was up to. she'd find videos of his games while she'd sit in her dorm room. he looked so happy to her. she often wondered if he would be happier if she choose him.

y/n spent most of her time at school and made a couple of friends. she ended up meeting someone else, someone who had the same ambition as her, and his endless support he gave her reminded her of her first love.

atsumu miya walks around olympic village, posing with a peace sign and his tongue sticking out every time he saw someone aim their camera at him. as an olympian, he felt extremely over powered. he felt as if he accomplished a dream he never realized he had.

"look omi-omi! it's the women's swim team!" kotarou bokuto shouts, shaking kiyoomi sakusa's shoulders in an irritable way. bokuto waves at the women who laugh as they wave back at him.

atsumu turns towards the group of women. their broad shoulders held onto their bags with ease as they all laughed in a group. they danced as they filmed each other and became a little rowdy the moment another country's team joined them.

"hey!" a feminine voice shouts behind atsumu, "ladies! let's go!"

the familiar voice causes atsumu to instinctively turn around. his eyes widen as he realizes who he finds wearing japan's colors as a sweatshirt, y/n l/n.

she doesn't notice him, especially since she was focused on the swim team. next to her is the volleyball team's athletic trainer, hajime iwaizumi. he stands close to her, telling her something that makes her laugh.

"tsum-tsum? are you okay? you seem pale," shoyo hinata worriedly asks, making sakusa laugh at the terrible nickname bokuto gave atsumu. "don't laugh omi-omi."

atsumu's chest tightens as his eyes studies her. throughout the eight years, she became shorter, less muscular and seems to have more meat on her body. her hair is longer than he remembers, but her smile and laugh is exactly the same.

atsumu takes a step, then another, then another, in her direction. he completely focuses on her and the comforting, nostalgic feeling he's craved for so long.

"papa! mama!" a child voice screams behind iwaizumi and y/n. the child is small, possibly no more than two years old as she rushes to make her way towards y/n and iwaizumi.

"there's my little swimmer," y/n says with a smile, picking her up and spinning her around. they laugh together, confusing the absolute fuck out of atsumu. the moment y/n stops and the women's swim team gathers in front of y/n, an older version of hina from his high school appears from the group.

"you mean volleyball player," iwaizumi cuts in, causing y/n to roll her eyes. in the angle she turns, atsumu gains a clear view of y/n's left hand that carries the little girl. the shining reflection of the sun appears at a single spot on y/n's left hand, specifically, on her ring finger.

"i think she means swimmer, right nana?" hina says, causing the little girl to nod her head.

"what!? are you crazy!?" iwaizumi says, picking up the little girl from y/n's hands. iwaizumi tickles the little girl's stomach, then hugs her tightly as she laughs.

"papa stop it! it tickles!" the girl laughs. her little voice echoes throughout the courtyard. even the little girl has the same laughter as y/n.

"isn't that iwaizumi-san's wife?" bokuto asks, whispering in case y/n or iwaizumi hears.

"yes, and their daughter," sakusa responds with a yawn, "can we go back to the dormitories? i need to make sure that my bed is clean again because i have a huge feeling someone put bugs in it."

"why would anyone do that?" tobio kageyama asks as they all walk away from atsumu.

atsumu stands in place, the group he was with exposes him to y/n's line of sight. the moment they locked eye contact, her smile drops and her eyes widen. she knew that he'd be here, but it never really occurred to her how they'd see each other this soon.

with ease, y/n waves at him with her right arm, and with her left, she's being pulled away by her child.

AN: me, sitting in the school parking lot and eating my cup of shoyu ramen i made this morning. this shit is gonna tear open my stomach because it's so heavy my god. (it did. i was fighting a fucking battle in econ)

anyways! i'm doing an alternate chapter if y/n choose to drop her dreams for atsumu. i really hope you enjoyed this book i started a couple months ago, i feel as if i grew as a person and a writer. i mean i never dropped the sadistic act but yk :)

stay in tuned for a new suna or oikawa fic, might mostly be fluff but :p

last note! thank you for the support with my mental health, ive been taking things step by step and just focusing on one thing at a time. yall are the best and thanks for sticking with me to the end :)