Chapter 69

"Lukedonia suffered no damage, unfortunately, the werewolf territory did. Muzaka was able to prevent further destruction but it wasn't enough."

Reina's grin slowly disappeared on her face, guilty for getting excited in the first place.

"Since werewolves were still recovering from their past damages, I doubt their intelligence facility or defense system functioned properly."

"It's an obvious act of provocation." Reina stated.

"So they're really seeking war with every soul." Karias says through his communication device.

"I'm having a hard time understanding the reason behind such recklessness. Even though they might be confident with their power, I didn't think they'd commit such recklessness... did they think they can actually cause profound damage with that?" Rael shakes his head at the human's foolishness.

"It's just a warning." Frankenstein eyes Reina who just shrugs nonchalantly.

"I don't believe Crombel intends to do something about werewolves or nobles right now. I'm sure this is a warning - telling them not to move a muscle if they dare." Frankenstein stated.

"That's bullshit, my love. I understand that it may be enough to scare off the werewolves since they're at a great disadvantage at the moment but did they really think that they can stop us with a few bunches of missiles?" Reina raises her eyebrows at him.

"What I think is that they are provoking the non-human species to come out and rage war since the Union doesn't care about the humans anymore." She continues, shrugging her shoulders.

"But if the Union attacked werewolf domain and Lukedonia, that means the same thing could happen to this place and other human countries. Like firing missiles like they did last time." Rael hinted.

"You scared, Rael?" Reina teases the young Clan Leader.

"No, I--"

"Please forgive my little brother, Miss Reina." Lazark bows at her.

"I was just kidding, Lazark." Reina shakes her head with a smile on her face. There's nothing to be afraid of, she'll do everything to protect this place.

"I made a safety protocol for prevention. I used their attack at Lukedonia and the werewolf territory to gather analysis out of their command system. So I and the Third Elder placed a block to restrict the Union from using offensive missiles easily." Tao explained.

"That's good thinking!" Reina pats Tao's head making him slightly blush as he proceeds to talk about his report after clearing his throat.

"A-and the Union attempted several times to bring war around the world, but fortunately we are able to stop them on time. Not long ago the Third Elder asked for assistance, so we pulled off some work together. The Union would have a hard time, albeit for a while, manipulating things from behind the scenes without taking action themselves."

Everyone releases a sigh of relief while Frankenstein nods at him, obviously impressed.

"Nice work."

"I know, right?" Tao grins at his boss.

For a few days, the Union had been quiet just like what they expected. With this, Tao tries to pinpoint Crombel's location while the Third Elder pulls the strings to locate the attack satellites and to prevent Crombel from taking over the whole system of the Union. 

The house is quiet without the kids playing board games or Seira making dinner, even the bantering of M-21, Regis, and Rael cannot be heard since they are in their assigned places. Frankenstein tries to reply to the emails from the school and his other works but they were just too many. He decided to sort them by importance to be able to reply to those who are urgent. Because of this, he wasn't able to take care of the remaining settlers in the house.