Memoirs

Erga Kenesis Di Reina

I leap back to avoid Rayga's attack, however, I am not fast enough to block the following attack. I took the hit which hurts a bit but not enough to matter. I drive my fist into his torso that causes him to fly backward. He clutches his stomach and leaps making himself disappeared out of any of my senses. I close my eyes to heightened my other senses since it will be impossible to see him but I may somehow be able to feel him.

Behind!

I am able to do an aerial cartwheel to avoid his attack which made him visible for a second. I immediately took the chance and barrel into him, knocking him down on the ground within nanoseconds.

"You were good, Princess Reina." He quietly said as I brush off the dust that my dress acquired. I look at him and frowned.

"Rayga, I am sure that you aren't giving your all in our fight. You still think I'm a child."

"You are still a child."

"Still! You should acknowledge that I can give you a proper fight! I am certain that you are faster than this!"

"I will gladly give you just that in his stead if you will." A blonde well-built man that just appeared behind me spoke.

"Frankenstein?" I take in his long blonde hair that flows with the wind, his steely blue eyes, his black attire, and the cravat on his neck. But what really captures my attention is the dangerous smile that is playing on his face as he too eyes my whole appearance.

"Yes, it is I, Miss Reina." He took a step forward and stop when is too close for my comfort. Too close that I can feel the warmth of his body...

I unconsciously gulp as he pins me down with his smothering look. I cannot stop the audible gasp that left my lips as I felt his hand softly brush a lock of my hair out of my face.

"Frankenstein..." Rayga pulled me out of this man's spell, which I am very grateful for. I took a cautious step back away from him and towards Rayga.

"... will it be fine?" I asked and turns to look at Rayga who nods at me.

I know Frankenstein due to my frequent visit to Raizel's mansion but we never really speak to each other in a long period of time. I think it is because of the tension that is always there when we are in the same room. I don't know how to explain it but it seems that he is somewhat irritated when I am inside the mansion. I would always catch him looking at me while clenching his jaws. His looks... I don't know but I can feel them, I would feel hot whenever they travel my body. I don't think that it is his power... or that dark energy that is surrounding him, however, I am certain that it affects me in many ways.

"About your offer, you swear to give me a proper fight?" I asked Frankenstein who smirks at me.

"Of course, I swear to give you the best that I can."

"Very well" I fix my stance and face him with a serious face. He smirks and just stands in his place, looking at me.

"Ladies first" With that, I pour out all of the energy that I've been holding in. It seems that it shocks him since his smirk was replaced by a serious frown. His stance also changed and he seems to focus now.

I will not underestimate him just because he is human... I had heard of rumors about him that are spreading around the nobles.

The ground shakes beneath our feet as the birds from the trees flew out of the forest.

"Remember that you can only use your physical strength and speed, Reina. No powers." I nod at Rayga and relax. As I draw back my energy, I felt a fast movement on my side which I tried to avoid, however as I took a step away from the movement he is already behind me.