Chapter 36

Raizel and Reina quietly enjoy the night breeze on the balcony of the house. Everything is serene since the three human and Frankenstein is in the lab while Seira, Regis, and Rael walk the kids to their homes.

"What did the two of you talked about?" She asked Raizel who slowly looks at her.

"You" he answered before looking out the balcony again.

"Huh? Me?" She points at herself and asks again.

"She was just worried about you."

"That's the confusing part, why would they worry about me? It's not like I don't know what I'm doing." Reina groans.

"Because we love you, Reina." Her eyes widened as Raizel utter these words. She is speechless as she stares at him for a long time. And her staring seems to affect him too because his face slowly turns red.

"Ahh, Frankenstein." Raizel abruptly said making Reina look behind them. And true enough, Frankenstein is walking towards them. She grins at him making him frown as he walks cautiously.

"What is with you?" He asked while narrowing his eyes at her.

"Nothing, someone just told me he loves me."

"I did not--"

"Oh, but did I mention your name?" Reina teasingly smirks at Raizel who swiftly looks away.

"And what kind of torture technique did you use?" Frankenstein raises his eyebrow at her making her roll her eyes and smirk.

"My charms."

"Frankenstein..."

"Ahh, yes Master." Frankenstein clears his throat as he prepares his report.

"It seems like M-21 is afraid of transforming because according to him, he lose his consciousness when he transformed. So he didn't even try... but I explained to him that he has to try since it will be a great achievement. And that will definitely help him to become stronger. Fortunately, he agreed with a condition that it will be Karias who is in charge of him." Reina nods her head, of course M-21 will be afraid if that is what happens every time he transforms.

"Speaking of stronger, the two beg me to make them stronger... since their body is already strong enough, they need power from external source. This is why I thought of using the power of dark spear. Since it absorbed a lot of souls in the past few days, it'll be good thing if I can lessen it's power even for a small amount."

Reina does not like the sound of it, not even one bit. The power of the Dark Spear is not something you can just mess around. Its power came from tormented souls that held vengeance and depression. Just the mere presence of it can send shivers in her spine and the thought of that dark power devouring the two...

"You decided to use that power on them?" she gritted her teeth, her light aura vanishes.

"Yes" Frankenstein nodded.

"Did you have to do that?" Raizel asks, his views are aligned with Reina's.

"This was the only way to give them what they wanted. Another solution is a contract with you." Frankenstein stares at her.

Reina bit her lower lip and furrows her eyebrows then shakes her head.

"No, the power that they will borrow from me would shorten their life force. I cannot let that happen when I tried so hard saving them from their near death experiences."

"Even if it is so... Frankenstein, you should have refused." Frankenstein lowers his head, he can hear Raizel's disappointment through his voice.

"When they said that they would rather die than to lose someone they love, I had no choice... I'm sorry, Master."