Chapter 43

"Why does it hurt so much?! It burns!" Mount cried out while cradling his pierced arm.

"How could I let him do this to me...?" Gradeus angrily said while clenching his fist.

"Frankenstein!" He shouted at the insane human but was answered by a wave of energy that is rushing towards him. 

"I'm not falling for anymore of your stupid tricks..." He dodges the attack with ease.

"Frankenstein, you seriously call that an attack?" Gradeus laughs, mocking the attack.

"You dodged it quite well." Frankenstein smirks at him.

The attack landed on the traitors and the werewolves with a loud explosion. Unfortunately, Lagus was able to protect them with his vines. But the moment that Gradeus has taken to check behind, Frankenstein sends another barrage of projectiles at him. 

"Did you just distract us and then attack again?! Is this your way of fighting?!"  Gradeus dodges the onslaught of energy and charges towards his opponent, the projectiles hit Mount again. The werewolf cried out in pain, wondering why does it seem like he is always the target.

"Ah, sorry, sorry. I didn't think Gradeus would be this good at avoiding my attacks." Frankenstein chuckles mischievously while apologizing.

"Frankenstein, I'll kill you myself. I'll make you tremble... with pain." Gradeus clasps his Messad in anger.

"Oh, I'm scared." Frankenstein grins while the energy around him flares off of him.

Gradeus has had enough, he taps his chest again before starting the extraction of power from the stone.

"I'll have to admit that you're skilled enough to be able to act cocky and brag about it. But that's all, that would not be able to help you avoid death! You shall receive your death with the power of your beloved princess!" Gradeus transformed, his whole body became greater in mass, he buffed up along with his Soul Weapon that also became bigger and horrifying. His skin color became red all over.

Gradeus charges at Frankenstein again, however, this time Frankenstein was thrown back because of the power Gradeus is using.

'This is just a bit part of her power and yet it can throw me off. Just how much was she using when she was fighting with me before?'

Frankenstein stands up and pats the dust off of him.

Gradeus grins while clenching his fists and contracting his muscles, savoring the power that is overflowing in his veins.

Suddenly, Frankenstein's eyes fixate behind the traitors.

"M-Master?!" he exclaims. 

"There he goes again...! Frankenstein, do you think we're going to fall for your trick again?!" This time, Gradeus laughs it off.

"What an idiot! He keeps using that same trick." Mount seconds him.

"Is he trying to avoid danger with that same trick from before?" Lagus shakes his head while chuckling. 

"Cadis Etrama di Raizel." Raskreia muttered while also looking behind the traitors. 

Lagus laughs loudly this time.

"Even a Lord is going along with your tricks now?! You're so pathetic."

"That Lord's pretty hilarious, too! I guess you Lords really are morons! Not even I'm that dumb...?" Mount laughs.

"This is just pathetic." Gradeus shakes his head with a smile on his face.

"Lord, I didn't think you would be this foolish. No matter how much of a crisis you are in, how can you show us this side of yourself. I'm actually kind of disappointed. Even your sister did not show this side of her when she was dying."