Chapter 9

"In light of the recent incidents, KSA will be keeping an eye on us." Frankenstein stands on his usual spot beside Raizel with a serious face on. On Reina's eyes, he looks more delectable than the blueberry cake that she is eating right now.

"We need to pay attention to what is going on at all times." He continues, looking at everyone until his gaze landed on Regis.

"Regis, they may try approaching the children in a different way. Make sure you stay with them."

"Do not worry, I will make sure nothing happens to the children." He said and Reina knows that he means it. This kid has compassion to human beings like she do.

"You too, Miss Seira." 

"Yes." Answers Seira. She and Reina had their bonding through cooking. Even if the young Clan Leader is almost quiet all the times, the Princess managed to make a bond between the two of them. And since Seira likes cooking, Reina had given her lists of sweets that she liked to eat.

"And you three, be careful. I am sure you know all this by now, but make sure you tell me if you spot any suspicious movements. As for the method, I leave it up to you."

"Yes Sir!" Tao saluted.

"Okay" Takeo answered but M-21 remained silent.

"M-21?" Reina calls his attention with her soft voice. All of them turns to look at her.

"Are you blaming yourself for arousing the KSA's suspicions?" M-21 lowers his gaze, guilty.

"Don't. No one is perfect. You were just doing your job." Reina tries to comfort him with a smile. Frankenstein sighs...

"Stop worrying about it. I'm the one who refused to cooperate with them, just like what Reina said; you were just doing your job."

"But... when she used her strength, I blocked it accidentally. It was my mistake." Reina shakes her head, this guy is stubborn. She took a small bite of her blueberry cake and noticed Raizel looking at her. 

"If you had lost to them even intentionally... I would have been offended." M-21 looks surprised and unable to comprehend what Frankenstein is saying.

"After all, I am looking after your bodies. Takeo, Tao. The same applies to you. It will offend me immensely if you lose. Understand?" The three looks baffled at their boss who is unconsciously releasing dark energy...

"Oh, Frankenstein. Here!" Reina forcefully fed him a spoonful of the cake and seal his lips with a peck. His dark energy immediately diminish while everyone looks at anything but the two.

Reina places a new slice of blueberry cake it in front of Raizel who looks at her gratefully and sits back down with a smile on her face like nothing happened.

"Not every result can be the one we desired. Trust your own judgments and actions. That is enough." Raizel said as he takes a spoonful of the cake. Everyone smiles at what he said... happy.

~~~

Later that night, M-21 and Takeo went to patrol around the school one last time, Tao decided to look deeper and dig more information about the agents that they met while Regis and Seira were bugged by Reina. The princess asks Seira to teach her how to bake and cook while Regis insists on helping them.

Frankenstein and Raizel were the only ones in the living room...

"She is still in need of abundant rest... " Frankenstein lowers his gaze onto the floor, he too is worried for her. He can feel it, she is still weak yet she tried to hide it with her laughs and smiles.

"She insists on staying beside you, Master." 

"Now, you need to look out for the two of us." The two of them became silent. Reina, when unconscious is recovering faster than when she is conscious, however, only ephemeral sleep can give her the fastest recovery.