Chapter 27

Author's Note:

I'm back! Really sorry for the long wait! Acads and stuff...

Anyway, here it is...

~~~

"WHAT?!"

"Reina... are you serious?"

"But who did it? Shouldn't the Lord do the honors of passing the title?"

They bombard her with a couple of questions that Reina finds it hard to answer one by one.

"Guys, let's just calm down a second. I know you are all confused, I was too. Let me just tell you what happened to me..." They all shut their mouths and keep their questions to themselves. Frankenstein tightens his hold on her while she thinks of where to start.

"When I woke up, Raizel is already standing beside my coffin, his condition is better than ever. He told me he saw my mother... it seems like my mother uses our connection to talk to him. Then he told me it's time... to pass his title. Raizel is a Noblesse his nobility is almost the same as the Lord that might be why he is confident to pass it to me. He didn't tell me the details of his conversation with my mother... he said he believes in me too and that is why he is confident in my decisions in life."

"Now that you are awakened, is there any chance that you can annihilate the traitors in your condition now? With no complications?" Regis asked.

"I can fight them head on now but remember that they still have my power and that in itself is dangerous. If anyone would face them, it would not definitely end well. I can maybe get away with a few serious injuries and a quarter of my life..." Reina shrugs like it was nothing.

"You don't have to face them alone... you have us now." Frankenstein whispers.

"But this is my  fight, Frankenstein."

"I think you forgot, what's yours is mine."

"We'll fight with you, Miss Reina!"

"Yes, even though we'll probably just be a burden to you..."

"We'll help you in any way we can."

Reina smiles at her newfound family. 

~~~

Reina and Raizel are standing silently in the balcony of the house, savoring the peaceful chilly air of the night. But they know that this is the peace before the storm. Now that Union knows that the Noblesse is back, regardless of who, they will surely be careful from now on.

"What did she say?" Reina asked under her breath. Raizel briefly looks at her then turns his attention to the night lights again.

"She gave me meaningful advice..."

"Did she also told you to pass to pass it to me?" Raizel shakes his head which made her frown... if her mother didn't then why would Raizel do it?

"She told me to enjoy my life... to enjoy the things that I have now because if I don't... the regrets would haunt me to no end."

Reina stares at him in astonishment as the realization sets in.

"And that scared you..." she whispers more to herself. To think that this is the only thing that can scare the great Noblesse... Raizel really is something.

"I am truly sorry to pass this burden to you. I swear to guide you in all of your choices... but this time... I want to be selfish for once."

She smiles at him... finally.

"I am actually honored that you saw me fit to take this position... "

"It is meant to be yours the very day you were born."