Epilogue 🤗

And in my chaos
There was You!

___________________________

Faikha's pov

Football.

Yes, that is how my stomach resembled it right now, like a football. I was almost in the end trimester of my pregnancy. Sahil and I had been married for almost one and a half years now. Alhamdulillah.

Allah created all of us in pairs and I was blessed to have sahil by my side. Half of my Deen was complete after I got married to him. Indeed it was the best feeling to be married to him and now with this bundle of joy coming to us was another blessing granted by my Rabb.

I touched my Football like stomach and huffed. Both of us were craving some yummy cheesy white pasta. Thinking about it only had me drooling but I couldn't go and prepare it for myself.

I wish ammi would be here to fulfil my cravings but both ammi and abbu had gone to visit Sahil's relatives in the next city, leaving us kids behind. I looked to my right and saw sahil sleeping peacefully and I felt like crying.

Idhar hame bhook lagi hui hai aur ye janab mast so rahe hein.

(Here we are hungry and he is sleeping well without any worry)

Chalo baby aapke baba ko jagane ka time hogaya. I smiled mischievously rubbing my hand on my belly.

(Come on baby it's time to wake up your baba)

"Sahil! Sahil!" uff he's such a heavy sleeper.

"SAHILLLLL!"

"Kya hua aag kidhar lagi hui hai?" can I just smash my head. He looked at me and my almost teary eyes and started panicking.

"Faikha kya hua? Are you alright? Is it hurting? Should we go to the hospital?"

"No its not hurting anywhere but"

"but what baba? You're scaring me and stop crying. You know I can't see you crying like that" he gently wiped my tears away. Aww, he is soooo cute and I know this trick is working so I continued.

"Sahil. Vo na.. mujhe cheesy white sauce pasta khane ka Mann kar raha hai. Can you please bring it for me?"

He looked at the clock and it struck 3:00 am and I bit my tongue because I knew he wouldn't find it anywhere at this time. I almost started crying again.

"It's alright Faikha. Don't cry I'll make it for both of you" he kissed my tears falling on my cheek and then kissed my belly. These little affections always had my heart. It would always send me into a frenzy making me blush.

He got up putting on his T-shirt and gently lifted me up and carried me to the kitchen bridal style. I would never get used to his little gestures even after this much time had passed since we had been married. I silently thanked my Rabb for sending Sahil into my chaotic life.

He put me down on the dining table chair and wore an apron and started cooking my pasta. And I counted this as another blessing of mine. Every girl wishes for her future husband to cook for her and Alhamdulillah I was blessed with this too.

After about 5 mins I was bored and I took my phone from the table. Luckily I had got my phone along with me.

My home screen picture reminded me of our wedding. It was a picture of us clicked by Nadir. Both of us were standing on the stage and smiling at each other and Nadir had secretly clicked our picture.

*Flashback*

A wedding is what a girl dreams of from her teenage years. A picture-perfect wedding. I had always wanted to be a Hyderabadi bride just like Mumma had been, wearing the Khada duppata on the Nikah and a bridal gown on the walima (reception) and my brother had fulfilled this wish of mine. He made me feel like the princess dad used to treat me.