Dwelling The Past | 4 |

Warehouse 7658 Sage Blvd Los Angeles, CA

Warehouse
7658 Sage Blvd
Los Angeles, CA

Sadie's golden brown skin savored in honey. Her privates covered with pasties as she sat in a black tub with a white rim.

Her hand restless hanging over the rim while her head perfectly positioned on her arm. These were potential shots of her debut cover for Paper Magazine. With just three years moving out to LA, her career has sky rocketed. This was no longer a dream for her—this was reality.

Serving face with ever slight move of her head, the camera flashed away. Mike—her hair stylist stepping in and out the white frame making sure no piece of hair was out of place. Even with all of this Sadie still felt like it wasn't enough. What she wanted most now that she had a career was—love.

A word the Dictionary describes to be a noun and a verb. A word that could mean two different things—like a mother's love for her child. No love could complete with a mother's love—that love never fades—that love is forever. But the love Sadie desired was the love one desire from a lover—the sexual desire—the desire one feels when the person they love is in their safe space and it makes them feel like they're on cloud nine. The love that makes you sick—in a good way—with all the trials and tribulations nothing could amount to the feeling they give you.

Sadie started to think that everything she thought about that feeling was presuming to not exist. Where was the love Noah and Allie had in The Notebook or what she related to the most Sidney and Dre from Brown Sugar. One's self conscious, feeling as were they can't function entirely without the other. It was all looking like a fantasy. "Okay next shoot" Macro said giving her a steady smile—he's a self-made photographer who emigrated from South Africa. She was familiar with his work seeming that he was the first photographer to give her a chance when she first started out as a newbie.

Mike swiftly made his way over to her to help Sadie out of the mixture of honey and water that covered her body, standing up straight, he swaddled her with a towel. To be honest all she wanted to do was rush home and take a hot shower. "This is the messiest shoot I've ever done" she said to him while they made their way over to his set up.

"But you still look beautiful" he expressed, Cynthia walking towards them with makeup wipes in her hand.

"Okay with this next shoot, fresh face?" She asked Sadie before bomb rushing her with the wipe.

She nodded and Cynthia did just that. "Gregory is steaming your dress now" she said.

He was finally back after committing all his time on the queen herself, Nicki. Now Sadie had her right man back and she loved every bit of it.
"High up or leave down?" Mike asked, staring at her through the mirror. Due to her hair being over the tub, no honey was in it which was perfect.
"What you think?" Sadie said, pressing her index finger against her chin, "Cynthia" she called out her name.