Promise | 6 |

LA Spa & Lounge1800 MelroseLos Angeles, CA

LA Spa & Lounge
1800 Melrose
Los Angeles, CA

Following behind the lady that was leading them to the locker rooms, Sadie and Cynthia decided to spend their free day at a spa to pamper themselves.

Sadie thanked the woman, watching as she left them to get settled in their robe. Cynthia plopping down on the bench, bringing her leg up to take off her shoes. The two were introduced by a mutual friend and hit it off right away. Just like Mike, Cynthia was also married, to her high school sweetheart. She was a cute petite woman standing no taller than 4'1 with long luscious brown hair going down her back. She was half Puerto Rican but more so identified with her mom side which was African American. Sadie always envied Cynthia's beauty, those emerald green eyes she happened to inherited from her grandmother—they were still no match to the pretty face she displayed.

"So Mike called me the other day" Cynthia said, switching legs to take off the other shoe.

"I already know what it was about" Sadie sighed, opening the locker to retrieve the robe.
"So why didn't you tell us" tilting her head slightly, "that your Jodie is the JodieP"

"Because—" she stopped in mid sentence, raising her arms above her head to take off her shirt. "It's irrelevant."

Cynthia stood from the bench, doing the same as Sadie—taking every layer of clothing off. She rolled her eyes as she unfastened the button to her American Eagle jeans. "It's irrelevant but Mike and I know y'all whole back story"

"Does she know?" she spoke again.

This was supposed to be a free day. No thoughts about work nor Jodie. She already thought about her constantly, she didn't need every conversation to be surrounded about her. "Does she know what?" Sadie asked,

"That-" Cynthia smacked her lips, as she did hand gestures for Sadie to put up on what she was trying to say.

"What are you doing" she frowned, putting the robe on her body while tying the strings tight around her waist.

"Does she know how you feel about her" Cynthia said frustrated

"She's engaged to be married within the next month Cynthia"

It didn't really mattered if she did know or not. It wasn't possibly going to change anything. How could she complete with a relationship like Beverly and Jodie's when they've just rekindled their friendship a few days ago.

"She still deserves to know and you deserve that closure. So you can finally" she added emphasis on the last word, "finally get over her and move on"

"Jodie deserves to be happy—"

"And you do too" Cynthia chimed in, "why do you feel like you don't deserve happiness? If anything you're the only person in my life right now that deserves it most"