Got Away | 7 |

Lips & Wine Studio674 Martin Ave

Lips & Wine Studio
674 Martin Ave.
Los Angeles, CA

Everything was so natural when it came to them. If people didn't know them you would've never thought that they've just rekindled their friendship days ago.

Sitting on the somewhat comfortable couch, Sadie laughed at the immature responses Jay which was short for Jordan and Brad which was short for Brandon gave to the topic today. She was a little nervous coming here to the podcast but Jodie asked and she couldn't say no. Seeing and hearing her laugh in person, ran chills down her spine. She didn't catch herself staring until, Jodie looked over with a confused look.

The two locked eyes for a second before Sadie couldn't handle no more of the intimidation. Looking in Jodie's eyes had you feeling like she was looking through your soul.

"All I'm saying is, if she got away then she never was the one" Jay said, slamming his hands on his lap as if he made a valid point.

"I agree" Brad pointed towards him, "there's no such thing as everyone having that one person they feel was the one that got away. If she got away then she wasn't for me, simple"

Sadie sat there holding on to the glass of wine that was casually sitting in her hand. She voiced her opinion about the topic from earlier but this one—this one hit home for her.

"You niggas are dumb" Jodie claimed, "so y'all never had that one raw ass female. She was everything you've ever wanted and more but you couldn't get it together, meaning the relationship didn't work or last because of you"

"Y'all lying if you say no" she nodded her head.

"Nope" Brad said adding an emphasis on the 'p'

"I'll admit" Jay mumbled, hoping that nobody heard him. Holding tightly on his custom designed wine glass that had his jersey number plastered all over it.

"See" Jodie pointed to him, "speak your truth my brother"

"It wasn't really that long ago to be honest," he stated as he started to daze into space, " this had to be about my senior year of college so—about two years ago. I was kicking it with this girl and knowing me I already was one of the star athletes on campus. Everyone knew I was going to get draft after graduation—"

"Boring" Brad cut him off, causing Sadie to laugh a little. Their relationship was a love and hate thing but it kept the podcast entertained.

"Let him finish dipshit" Jodie fumed, go ahead Jay" she motioned for him to continue.

"Anyway she was cool as fuck. Stayed out the way, came over to my dorm every night after late practices to give me massages. Made sure a nigga was eating three times a day—" he looked at all of them one by one, "Do you hear me! Three times—breakfast, lunch and dinner. But I just couldn't control my horny ass hormones. I was sleeping around and for a while she still stuck beside me"