Late Night Talks | 5 |

Sadie's Residence423 Greer Ave

Sadie's Residence
423 Greer Ave.
Los Angeles, CA

Mike was passed out on Sadie's couch after having too many glasses of wine. She had to end up contacting his wife to let her know he wasn't going to be able to drive home.

Pulling out an extra blanket she kept in the hallway closet, she walked over to him and gently covered him with it. This wasn't new for them—when the wine got into their systems it started off with laughs and ended with snores. When she knew for sure that he was okay, she flicked off the switch to the light and headed towards her room.

The clock sitting on her stand read eleven-eleven. A smile went across her face because she was a spiritual person and believed in Angel numbers. Crawling in her silk sheets she reached for her phone and started scrolling through apps in hopes of her falling asleep. The conversation with Mike had her thinking and more so about—Stephanie. Sadie hasn't connected with someone on that type of level since her senior year of high school. That was with a person who was manipulative and a narcissist and who made Sadie believe she couldn't find nobody better than her—their entire relationship consisted on nothing but tears.

And then there was Stephanie—this attractive woman showing interest to her kind of caught her off guard. Women usually never flirted with her which made her have to do all the work. The public didn't know about her sexuality and that was for her own reasons. Why did it matter? Why was it anyone's business who she prefer to sleep with in bed?

She scrolled down her Instagram until she came across a post from Jodie. It was a single picture of Beverly sleeping in the bed. The caption itself read:

WCE @beverlyjwilliams, I love you with all my heart. Waking up to you everyday isn't just a blessing but a privilege. I prayed for you and within a two year span, you were in my life. My love for you is endless and I wouldn't want no one else to be Mrs. Pierce.

Sadie's mentally rolled her eyes to the post before scrolling again. It was almost like destiny—as if she knew she just say the post because her name popped up on her screen. She felt herself getting flustered and her palms sweating. She took a deep breathe in, trying to take a control of her nerves before she answered.

"Good you're up!" She said, on her side of the screen it was pitch dark. Sadie wasn't able to see anything.

"It's almost midnight" Sadie stated, glancing over at her clock once more. "Why are you calling me?"

"Damn" she said, Jodie's face finally appearing for a quick second due to the light from the TV shining on her. "Just wanted to talk" she responded, "and catch up"

"On what exactly?" Sadie's attitude towards her had everything to do with the post she just saw.

"Are you busy or something?" she asked, Jodie had to sense something was off with her, there was no way she couldn't. "Or are you just having a bad night? Did it have anything to do with today?"