Matching| 15 |

SomewhereLos Angeles, CA

Somewhere
Los Angeles, CA

With all the drinking, the two were scrolling the streets of Los Angeles like lost puppies. Their fingers intertwining with each-other as Sadie head was rested on Jodie's shoulder.

This was why she was the way she was with her—no matter what, the two were inseparable. And as much as Jodie tried to hide it, she knew she felt what Sadie was feeling. "Hey" Jodie said nudging her a little. Ahead of them were an older couple who looked to be in their mid thirties with two younger children.
The woman who had to be the mother cuddled with the two, sleeping peacefully on the pavement, as the dad sat straight up keeping watch. "You got any change on you?" She said again. Sadie nodded, finally removing her head from Jodie's shoulder. She pulled back the zipper of her purse, reaching in to get her wallet. This was something she did all the time when she say people in need. Even when she didn't have the change, it made her feel bad—the least she could do was get them food and that's what she did most times. Sadie handed over a crispy twenty dollar bill to Jodie who gave a sweet smile. "I need to make sure to keep change on me" she whispered, releasing Sadie's hand and slowly walking up on the family—not wanting to scare them.

Watching from a distance once the man saw what Jodie had in her hand, his sadden face was recovered with a smile. She saw him thank her over and over just for Jodie to rub it off as if it wasn't nothing. She walked back over to Sadie not hesitating on grabbing her hand again as they continue down the street. The night was young and even through it all, Sadie felt secure. Everything that happened between them was irrelevant now.

"I swear that makes your whole day" she said, pulling Sadie along down the street
"What giving away money?"
"Just giving to the less fortunate, I just know my blessing is on the way—might not be now but it will come when I less expect it and need it the most"
Sadie looked up towards her to see she still had a faint smile, even with all the drinks they had, she was still able to visualize how fine she was. Her ash brown skin glowing like the street lights, every piece of hair was laid down perfectly and as well as every feature. Moments like this she wonder what it would be like if she was the one marrying her. She wondered, if she decided to just run away together when they were sixteen—would things had been different. Would Jodie had told Sadie she was in love with her back then? Maybe, but she couldn't dwell on the what ifs, what she needed to do was focus on the here and now. Enjoy the time she did get to spend with her, even if it wasn't in the way she wanted too.

"You hear me?" Jodie stopped in her tracks, hands still glued to Sadie.
Delirious and confused, she shook her head, "No I'm sorry, got lost in my thoughts"
"Trying to get matching tattoos" she blurted, pointing towards the building that was only two feet away from them. Sadie frown and turn to see it was a small tattoo shop. Just from looking through the two small front windows, it was completely empty but the neon sign read "open". Matching tattoos? Was this a good idea meaning that they just made amends, this was a permanent decision.
"I don't know" she mumbled, Jodie still eyeing the front door waiting on Sadie's approval.
"Come on, be fun" she fake pouted, "it's just a tattoo"
"What about Beverly" she asked, "wouldn't she have a problem with you getting a matching tattoo with another woman"
Jodie scrunched up her face as if what she just said didn't make sense. She waved her off, pulling her towards the door. Before she could hold her ground and refuse, the door was being pulled open and the bell that hung above rung. The small black speakers that hung in each corner of the shop, played "My Chemical Romance" lowly.