Chapter 40 - Sweet Revenge

"PUGH!" Edmond gasped in pain, staggering back with his hand placed on his wounded shoulder.

The star shaped object had impacted his shoulder at least instead of any crucial parts.

I hadn't had the chance to say or do anything when suddenly in a blink of an eye, Diana had appeared in front of him out of midair.

I watched in horror how she roundhouse kicked him in the face sending him flying to the right. With a crash, he rolled on the ground desperately trying to grab on a tile to prevent him from rolling down the roof and falling on the hard ground.

As soon as he finally latched his hand on a tile, I felt a sharp pain travel through my stomach. I gasped, coughing out blood.

Within seconds of the intense punch from Diana, I felt her kick me in the back so hard that I came flying down, my face colliding with the hard tiles.

~Artemis's P.O. V~

The bastard was on the roof, groaning in pain, his blood splattered on the tiles.

I stomped my feet on the side of his head, squeezing it down on the tile of the roof as his face cupped from the pressure. He let out a click of a tongue and shot a few death glares at my way.

"I hate when I have to repeat my words twice" I hissed, applying more force to his head.

"It pisses the shit out of me more when sons of bitches get in my way"

He gritted his teeth, his hands flinching to grab what seemed his sword on his waist. His piercing cold eyes looking straight at me, threatening to kill me once this was all over.

Unsheathing my Katana, I hovered the tip of the blade to his sudden horrified golden eyes. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't poke those disgusting eyes of yours" I said.

"It would bless me from looking at your revolting face" he clenched his jaw, veins popping out from his neck and his face turning red from anger.

My eye twitched from annoyance. "Who needed a scowl little cockroach to look at me"

A low grinned appeared on his face. "Don't worry Diana. That face of yours can be ruined right after I arrest you"

"Look at yourself, getting so cocky." I chuckled with a sly smirk across my face "You couldn't even lay a finger on me before. How are you going to catch me and throw me in prison?"

"Do you realise how pathetic you look" I stomped on his head repeatedly.

"Artemis" I stopped what I was doing and looked over to where Homura was laying. His amber eyes staring deeply into mines. "More humans are coming this way. We must leave and get your other supplies before this place over runs with more metal humans"

Clenching the handle, I looked down at the bastard of a king who was trying to summon his magic through his hands. I kicked his stomach and he let out another gasp.

"Mark my words, Damon. If I ever see you in my way again, I wouldn't show any mercy." I warned him as I looked him dead in the eyes and sheathed my Katana.

I picked up my ninja star covered in Edmonds's blood and wiped it on the cloak before placing it back in the pouch.

Scooping up Homura in my arms and holding him tightly, I glanced at Damon who was clasping his stomach on all fours while Edmond was struggling to rise himself up the roof but winced in pain every time he tried to pull himself up but couldn't because of the wounded shoulder.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH!" Edmond yelled. "YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS"

I looked to the side, giving him a side look from inside my hood and with a mumble I answered "I just did" then to leap to the other side with the orange fox.

Homura poked his head out from my arms and looked behind himself. "I thought you were going to kill them." he said.

I wanted to. I was tempted to throw the ninja star at his forehead and end him for good but thinking of how the whole kingdom of Terra and Aureum would've been after me, would slow my chances of finding the Alphyrian crystal or the others, if everywhere I go I have people up my ass, especially with the lack of magical knowledge and a weak, fragile body I don't think I can take dozens of dragons and magic users all at once.

Furthermore, they are needed to save Alphyria with Ariana especially Edmond. He is the only one that can reason with the mountain giants so they can pass through the ancient mountains of Therondia.

My chances of meeting them through my journey would be slim since I know some of the routes they will be taking. So, I must avoid those paths.

I pray to God; I don't encounter them, or things would get messy again like now.

I'm pissed at myself for losing my temper and throwing the star at him, I have caused more problems for myself than I ever have. I wish I could rewind time and stop myself from throwing that star and had of just ran away instead maybe reasoned with them, but those jerks wouldn't have agreed with what I had to say. Edmond would have wanted to see Diana go under; he is sadistic towards her.

I peeked out from the chimney that I hid behind, watching how the knights walked out one by one from the smithy then to pair up and go their separate ways.

"Are the metal humans gone" Homura whispered, also peeking his head out.

"Yeah, but we have to wait until they are out of sight then I'll go in"

"How do you know the dirty metal human hasn't sold you out yet" Homura questioned, his little embers narrowing at the smithy in suspicion.

"He wouldn't" he was genuine to me even though he knew who I truly was. I spent my years not trusting anyone even my own comrades when we were placed in a mission, yet I could tell who really was by my side or not.

He cringed back, eyeing me up and down like he wasn't expecting something like that from me.

"Humans are stupid creatures. They would even betray their own kind for coloured rocks" his snout twitched in disgust. "Do you think he's on your side. No one is. No one even likes you"

"And no one likes foxes. They hunt you for entertainment" I shot back with a sly smirk.

He let out a dramatic gasp. "You take that back" he hissed.

"Take back what you said first, and I might reconsider of taking back my words"
"No and don't think I have forgotten what that male human said before" he growled.

"That was the original Diana not me" I angrily whispered.

"Still the same person" he jerked his head away.

"No, it's not. We are totally different people" I corrected him, but this stubborn snobby bastard was refusing to listen to me.

He started to hum a tune "I'm not listening". "Stupid fox" I mumbled.

"Still not listening" he sang out loud. Instantly I closed his snout shut and he jolted up in response. "I know you're pissed, but can you try not to get us caught" an annoyed smile crossed my face.

He narrowed his eyes at me, staring into my eyes. "m...fine" he tried to speak with a closed mouth. I sighed and slowly loosened the grip when suddenly. "NO!" he bit the side of my palm and I squeaked in pain.

"YOU LITT-"

"Oh, would you look at that, the dirty metal human has come out from his dirt hole" he said innocently, acting like he didn't just bite me, as he looked to the side avoiding my angry face.

For revenge I bit his little black nose, ignoring him. He squealed.

"haha" I cackled. "Sweet revenge served cold"