Chapter 106 - Beauty in the eyes

The water splashed below the Ventus prince as he made his way to the pebble shore of the surrounding lake. The breeze that wafted past him sent goosebumps and he shivered with a chill. Cool water prickle down from his shiny wet hair and down his moist skin as the strands of wet hair hanged down his glaring eyes, reflecting the glimmer of silver of his eyes.

The clothes he wore felt heavy and how it stuck on his skin made it difficult for him to move. The tightened clothes had outlined the shape of his body perfectly and the sun haled behind him before he plopped on the hard pebble ground.

Neil sat, hand resting on the knee he arched up and his head slumped back in exhaustion while the other hand stroked back the wet strands of silver hair away from his face, embracing the warm rays of sun that shone from above the clouds.

A long exhale of the cool air calmed the heating anger in his blood and cooled down the ranging thoughts of how to murder Lykos in his sleep and make it seem like an accident, so he wouldn't be accused of murdering the crown prince of Drakon.

An unusual feeling of comfort soared inside of him when he felt the peaceful atmosphere surrounding him. Neil shut his glossy coated silver eyes and he listened to the serene crashing of the water against the hard shores and how the chimes of the leaves made tuneless melodies making him feel as if he was in some sort of paradise.

It was when his calm mental state was interrupted when Diana's icy blue flashed in his mind resulting a chilling aura run up his spine, and he opened his eyes to the blinding light of the sun. Those silver eyes glimmered like twinkling diamonds when the light had reflected itself on them when he stared at the ball of fire in the sky for a slight second.

Neil squinted his eyes and shifted his gaze away from the light before he was blinded by it. He glanced at the crystal-clear water of the giant round lake. The twinkling light danced gracefully on the surface of the water as the waters waved gently together like a soothing rhythm when he watched it.

Weirdly the colour of the water reminded him of her eyes. Those eyes that believed to be filled with nothing but an empty bitterness of betrayal, the hate she held in her eyes when he first laid eyes on her.

However, oddly enough in his memories her eyes didn't resemble that look anymore. It had reshaped itself and for the first time he found it's beauty within those icy blue eyes of hers that had done something to him which created a sense of comfort. For the first time in his life, he found beauty in someone's else's eyes other than the people that were close to him.

It just sent a tasting crave to see her eyes again however this time he wanted those cold distance eyes to have nothing but a beautiful warm feeling inside of them.

The thought of such things made him chuckle a laughter of craziness.

Neil doesn't know what this feeling his sensing inside of him stir like a swirling whirlpool but whatever it was it felt so foreign yet oddly he liked it.

The sense of peace was interrupted by the continuous loud beatings of giant winds that created a messy hurricane that blasted the breeze like shards at him.

Cocking his head to the side and his silvers eyes glancing back with a cold expression across his facial look, he sees the dragons assembling down as they slowed the flaps of their wings and their giant clawed feet land on the pebble ground with a loud thud. Each one land of the dragons took the sounds of the others as they rested upon the ground like falling dominos.

"Oh, what a shame your alive and..." The analysing stare coming from the red-haired prince who sat high and mighty on top of beautiful red reptile with wings, scanned with a pause of his sentence and gazed the soaking air prince who glared coldly at Lykos, up and down.