Chapter 70 - Ventus

~Artemis P.O.V~

"Well, that was awkward" I said scratching the itchy skin in the back of my head liking how my long nails felt against my sculp. "Tch, I wish I had pounced on her and ripped her ugly face off" Homura growled the regret in his voice was noticeable. "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU CALLING DOG? YOU OVERGROWN SACK OF SHIT" his frustration rant made me scoff a laughter.

"I wouldn't stop you"

Homura peeked up at me with confusion written all over his face. "You wouldn't?" he titled his head to the side. "Nope, that's your problem not mine." I shook my head.

"So, if I attack someone you wouldn't stop me" he squinted his eyes and searched for any lies I told. I stared back at him with a straight face and nodding my head in a yes. "Your so complicated" he frowned with a mumble and walked forward leaving me behind.

I sighed and shook my head then to follow Homura.

Looking around, Taivas has beautiful infrastructure than Aureum. It's more alive, shinier, and wider, the shops are all beautifully decorated with flowers and stones and some are even floating on little islands with bridges crossing to one another. All sorts of flying creatures could be seen soaring the sky, nobles and even commoners are seen walking around yet because of the hierarchy none talked to each other and continued on their jolly way minding each ones business.

I gawked at my surroundings, fixated with the beauty of this place and the fresh air that soured through my lungs, cooling my throat as it did. 'Such a pleasant place. If I wasn't returning home this would one of the places I would stay in'

"Oi human girl, stop looking around and keep your eyes forward." Homura said making me look away from the buildings and at him.

"We aren't here to admire the place remember. You here to save a life" he turned his head back to take a look at me with his amber eyes. I smiled awkwardly scratching my chin in embarrassment that a fox is reminding me of my reason of coming here.

The foxes eyes suddenly reflected annoyance, a grunt of anger escaping his lips. I rose an eyebrow wondering what was going through his head and what I did to annoy him this time. "You really are blind" the fox turned around and began jogging to the other direction.

My eyelid twitches in irritation, and I turned around to follow him when I suddenly looked up. What I saw in front of my eyes felt like my very own eyes had fallen out of the sockets. A white palace was floating in the middle of the sky, it was like sitting on it's own cloud. The tall triangle rooftops soared into the sky disappearing within the clouds and there was a giant arch looking entrance built in the front of the castle, I could see dragons and Pegasus flying into the side of the palace were a long white stone path was connected to it with a huge gateway that was wide open for the mythical creatures to land.

It was so magnificent and magical to look at that I had forgotten how to breath. 'Is this what a real fantasy palace is like'.

"How in God's name are we going to get up there?" Homura scoffed at it, his amber eyes revealing the hated idea of flying castles. I glanced down at the fox who he too did the same and a large grin started to spread across my face as watched the colour drain form his eyes that started to widened in realisation of what was going through my head.

"NO!" he shrieked so loudly that everyone around us turned around to see what it was that screamed so loud.

I smiled awkwardly ruffling the back of my head as the people looked my way, their piercing eyes holding curiosity, annoyance or as if I was some crazy lady. I gently kicked the foxes side to shut him up and he growled at me. "Shut up you little shit, stop bringing attention to us" I whispered angrily trying to keep a forced awkward smile.