Chapter 76 - A Promise fulfilled

I stood in the presence of the emperor whose dominating aura overshadowed everyone else's. He sat on his mighty silver throne that looked like a mountain behind him, the frame behind him was long and arch and it seemed it was made from stone.

'I think my ass would be sore from sitting on that for a long period of time'

Observing him better, the emperor had a strong jaw line that still was visible till his middle age years even if a few wrinkles was seen in the corner of his eyes. His silver hair was slicked back to present how well clean he was and to hide away the white hairs that was starting to grow, and his silver eyes continued to observe me from top to bottom. He must have been a handsome man in his youth years.

His wife must have had a huge competition with the ladies that wanted him. So, it wasn't this emperor who had a few wives and concubines in the novel. I think it's Drakon, Isvand or Terra. I can't remember.

This time everyone was staring at me tensely, I could even feel hundred pairs of eyes burning the back of neck.

It was a total awkward silent as if the king didn't know where to start off.

"What are these pesky human's looking at? Do they need me to pluck their eyes out?" Homura squawked flapping his wings aggressively that few of his feathers plucked out and fell gently to the floor.

The emperor who I have no clue his names is rose an eyebrow. "You have a very interest companion on your shoulder" he said stroking his chin that contained little facial hair.

I forced a smile as I clutched Homura's beak shut making him mumble and flap his wings aggressively. "He fell out his nest and banged his head on a rock when his was a chick" I lied.

"I see" he nodded awkwardly before clearing his throat from behind the clenched fist he had near his mouth.

Ambrose rose from his seat, his clenched behind his back "for saving my youngest son, the prince of Ventus from the illness none could heal, I, Emperor Ambrose Volant declare you a saviour of the Volant family and as a reward from me a 500-acre land would be given to you as of composition and 5000 gold pieces" he announced with his now spread out wide in the air.

The maids and butlers who were around gasped while some whispered at the handsome reward given to me.

'So, his name is Ambrose. Now I remember' I scanned him thoroughly, something was wrong with him. The emperor had slight purple bags under his eyes and those silver eyes hinted a miserable look that wasn't showed on his face.

He looked heart broken.

'Meh, not my problem' I shrugged it off. I glanced over to the side where another throne that was beside the Emperor yet it was empty. His wife must be with Ben.

Glancing over to the other side, was Arthur standing beside the emperor but further back. His stood firmly like a loyal soldier, his silver eyes was tensed up and his figure was built up. Arthur looked like a Commander from the army if you ask me.

'Don't think I have forgotten our little promise' I glared daggers at him, and he seemed to notice as he stared motionless at me. 'Piece of shit, I'm going to punch you so hard your front teeth would be knocked out.'

I lowered my body into a bow.

"Thank you for your generous reward but-" I lifted my head, locking eyes with his dominating eyes that resembled a tigers fierce watch. "I must refuse"

Everyone gasped except for the King and Arthur who only looked at me shocked. "Pardon, but is that too little for your liking?" Ambrose asked.

"No. The offer is a very generous amount, but I cannot accept such proposal since after all I have no need for it" I explained politely as I can.