Chapter 67 - Magicless human

"Teach me magic"

Elisaria had dropped an extra phoenix feather in her pot of bubbling substance by accident, her eyes staring at me wide eyed as if I said I was going to fly to the moon or something. "What?" her voice sounded incredulous.

I leaned my lower half and immediately cupped her wrinkly hand "Can you teach me magic?" I repeated, staring in her owl-like eyes with determination. Her mouth was wide open as if she couldn't utter anything from disbelief and confusion.

"Please" I really want to do the water magic the fairies could do. At first it never bothered me if I didn't know how to use magic because I could fight my way around and I have access to my weapons but after the witnessing the amazing water magic from the fairies I wanna learn it to.

Diana had water trait and she could have manipulated ice as well, but she never knew how to because no teachers were assigned to her, so Diana never learnt it and I couldn't rely on her memories to skim through the basics.

I wanna freeze people or drown them in a ball of water maybe even magically build an ice castle on a faraway mountain and sing how I'm unhappy in this place and I don't belong here like Elsa did....

Just kidding...Maybe

"I don't teach magic" her words came out venomous as she tugged her hand back. "Especially water magic" the old witch slammed the glass jar that contained tons of red blazing phoenix feathers that I was curious on where she got them.

"If ya wanna learn water magic find ya self a water-based magician. Maybe someone from Isvand"

"Thanks for stating the obvious, Miss Elisaria, it's not like I haven't tried to ask a person from my hometown to teach me and none offered too" the sarcasm came out easily through my lips and I rolled my eyes, crossing my hands and slamming my but on the chair. Pouting like a child.

My only chance of learning magic while I'm on break is gone.

I glanced back at the witch who was now sprinkling in some green powder in the bubbling substance of blue that turned red instantly. I titled my head and eyed in curiosity.

"What are you brewing?"

"Scumtumis" she answered, now stirring the pot. I'm seeing a witch brew potion for the first time well physically not on screen. "I have no idea what that is. Can you explain please?"

I heard a cumbersome hack of agitated annoyance come from her. "It was always peace and quite before ya showed up. Always asking this and that never keeping ya mouth shut for a second."

My lips twisted in a scowl, and I narrowed my icy blue eyes glaring daggers at her. "It's not my fault your stupid ancient house doesn't contain a T.V" I mumbled silently so she couldn't hear me.

"Heh?" she turned her head to face me. "Sorry your old ears can't hear me properly" I said a grin of mischief crossing my face.

She rose an eyebrow as if she accepted my challenge of who can insult the other until one starts to cry. "I'm not the one here who can't even use simple magic that even a little kid would know" the mockery of her voice made me my eye twitch and an irritated smile twisting my lips.

"I rather have no magic than be an old hag in the woods"

Her iris diluted, the eyes of a birds of prey glared at me as if I was it's next meal, she kept her gaze on me for a while she smacked her lips together when suddenly she let a cackle so loud that it would have woken up the whole forest.

"I may be an old hag, but I have lived far longer than ya old age would ever" Elisaria pointed her long bony finger with a long yellow stained nail at me, her face expressed the glory of victory.