Chapter 12: Its a trap...

Rosaline's original plan had been to jump through the portal to get away from Valentine and for Jace and Clary to follow. Her plan had not been to be pushed into the portal by Valentine. Consequently she did not have time to remember where she wanted to go meaning Valentine, Jace, Clary and herself could end up at any place that was in the back of her mind and there were many. She hoped that they would not end up in Disneyland since she had been begging Jace to take her there for years. Suddenly the dark vortex threw all four of them out plunging Rose into a deep bed of green grass.

Slowly Rose lifted her head taking in her surroundings, to her left was Jace brushing the dirt off his leather trousers and beside him was Clary pulling small twigs out of her fiery red hair. Rose raised her head forward at the same time as Jace, she saw his face soften, the wistful curve of his mouth, as if he were looking at someone he loved. In front of them stood a white manor house with green fields wrapped around it. In the distance they could see Valentine stumbling towards the manor house. Just as she was about to rush forwards and tackle him a hand pulled her back.

"Are you that stupid?" Jace used the same patronizing tone she had been used to for the past decade.

Rose rolled her eyes, "Let go."

"It's a trap." His voice was stern.

Rose looked back at the house, she knew it, at least she thought she did, "No its not. I thought of this place."

"So where are we then?" Jace questioned raising his eyebrow.

Rose looked around; there was nothing but the manor house and green fields surrounding it in sight. They were defiantly not in New York any more.

"We're in a field with a pretty house," Rose said dumbfounded.

"So I'm guessing you are going to tell me you were thinking of a field when we were in the portal?"

"No." Rose looked down at her scruffy leather boots.

"Then you didn't think of it." Jace began to pace back and forth in the thick grass, a crease began to form on his forehead, "Valentine did, he must have jumped in before you."

"How?"

Jace took a step towards Rose looking directly into her bright blue orbs, "I don't know but we are not following him into that house, you understand?"

Rosaline crossed her arms and stared right back at Jace's golden eyes, "But how can we get away from here? There's nothing beyond those fields except a forest and I don't want to go exploring."

A quiet voice spoke up, "What if there's a portal inside?"

Jace turned around and shot the red head a glare, "Not helping Clary."

As Jace turned around to speak to Clary, Rose snatched a seraph blade out of Jace's belt and began promenading towards the house, "Well I'm going in and you can't stop me."

"Rose!" Jace warned.

Rose turned around flashing him a grin, earning a scowl from Jace.

Jace cursed under his breath as he followed the short blonde into his once loved family home.

Authors note:
Hope you liked it, there will be another chapter soon I'm trying to post them more regularly now. Please can you comment and tell me what you think of the story or if you have any suggestions or just anything I love to read your comments! So yeah please rate and follow. I love you all! :)