Chapter 15: Lie to me.

Rose wrapped her arms around the golden eyed boy and buried her face in his neck, before quickly taking a step back.

Jace's eyes seemed to sparkle down at hers, with a crease between his eyebrows, "Rose, Are you alright?"

"Yeah I guess so, I don't know what happened the doors were open and then they were bolted shut." Rose looked at the ruin of a door, splintered with the bolts knocked off, revealing the demolished hallway, empty of all the beautiful mirrors.

Jace's eyes followed Roses stare to the hallway, "There was some sort of warlock magic involved. As soon as those doors shut we were attacked by 4 Dahak demons, it was as if you'd been locked away so you didn't get hurt."

"What happened?"

Jace scratched his head, "We ran at first towards the study and hid and we then took them by surprise since Dahak demons are known to be unintelligent. Clary managed to kill one of them and I took down the others."

"Are you hurt?" Rose said whilst her eyes searched Jace's body find the slightest sign of injury.

"No, well slightly but I've already put a iratze on it so I won't bleed to death in your arms." Jace flashed his signature smirk.

"What so after that you came to rescue the damsel in distress?" Rose placed her hand on her forehead as if she was about to faint, and then winked at Jace.

Jace hesitated and then said bluntly, "No. we called the clave."

Blood left Roses face, "You what?"

"I called the Clave with the phone in the study."

Rose started to pace back and forward frantically. "Why would you call the Clave when we followed Valentine into an old manor house where I was trapped in a room and you two were fighting 4 Dahak demons?"

"That would be the reason why."

Rose shot Jace a look and then continued to pace back and forth, "They won't believe us. We'll just get charged for breaking and entering."

"But they might be able to trace my father."

Rose threw her arms up in the air and shouted at Jace, "He's not your father!"

Jace slightly raised his voice and looked Rose dead in the eyes, "Yes he is, I know he is. That's the man that taught me how to fight."

"So what? You could be adopted." Rose shrugged.

"Just because you have a grudge against him does not mean that you can make accusations." Jace raised his voice even more.

"Jace he killed my parents didn't you hear him!" Rose screamed at him.

"He killed them because they broke a promise."

Her face turned red with anger, "Listen to yourself! He's changed you!"

"I'm not talking about this anymore Rose! I'm going outside to wait for the Clave with Clary." Jace began to walk down the ravaged hallway, stepping over broken shards of what was left of the mirrors.

"Just because you love her doesn't mean she'll stop being your sister." Rose screamed at Jace.

He stopped and turned round, meeting Roses teary blue eyes, "My father said a lot of things some were true and some were lies. So I'm taking the bet that she might not be my sister. And that you can't cause people pain with your mind."

Her breath shaky she muttered, "Did you lie to me?"

"What?"

"You said there was a portal in the library." Rose said quietly.

Jace shrugged, "It must have been moved."

"Portals don't move Jace." Rose said accusingly.

Jace sighed in frustration, "I don't know okay. I just thought there would be one in the library. What did you do in there anyway?" he looked around at the dusty, book filled library in a slight awe.

Rose looked down at her feet, "I was trying to knock down the door."

"For ten minutes?" Jace raised an eyebrow.

Rose crossed her arms, "I can be very persistent."

Jace took a step closer, "I didn't hear you trying to knock it down."

"I used a silence rune." her heart began pounding loudly.

"Really? Then where is it?" Jace leaned closer towards Rose.

Rose gulped, "It's faded."

"Was my father in there?"

"No, if he was we probably wouldn't be having this conversation since according to you I'm not allowed to kill him." She said, her eyes narrowed at Jace.

"Jace they're here!" a small high pitch voice shouted. Clary.

"The Claves here come on. I told them you were trapped in the library so they might need some explanations." Jace grabbed her arm and began walking quickly towards the front of the house.

"You're a dick." Rose muttered.

Jace rolled his eyes and kept walking, dragging Rose behind him, "Thank you for that Rose, now hurry up."