Chapter 9: Unexpected call

She sat alone in the musky pub, ignoring the hoots from the drunken men. She’d been moving for the last week. She’d stay at an inn one night then move onto another the next. It was the only way of ensuring that she wouldn’t be found. Although she missed Jace she knew it was for the best, if he was with her he could get hurt and she wouldn’t be able to bear that. On the night of Magnus’ party Rose went back to the institute and packed a single bag of a few things shed need and jumped into the portal in the library, ignoring Hodge’s protests. The only way Hodge let her through the portal was if she had a phone to contact them or for them to contact her if anything happened, so far the phone had just stayed silent since in her back pocket. She planned to go and stay at the London institute but she couldn’t bear it, the memories were too strong. Maybe Jace was alright without her. Or maybe he’d fallen for Clary, she dared not think of it. On her birthday she had sat alone in a park wishing she was back at the New York institute, but it was better to be alone then dead. 

BUZZ BUZZ.

She reached into her back pocket and pulled out the small phone. Why was Hodge trying to call her?

A look of confusion passed her face, “Hodge?”

A desperate yell came from the phone, “Rose!”

“Yes.”

“Rose you need to come back to the institute!” Hodge said urgently through the phone.

“Why?”

“Jace is hurt.” Hodge blurted

Roses face turned into a look of horror, “What, how?”

“He was out the other night and Alec and Isabelle found him lying on the side of the street. We’re not sure how long he has left. Just come back as soon as you can.” Hodge replied struggling for breath.

Rose hung up the phone and dropped everything immediately and headed to the airport, she was going to attempt to get back by plane. Going back may put her in danger but Jace was the boy she loved and she would not leave him to die. She couldn’t let another person she loved die. 

~~~~~~~

~~~~~

~~~

~~

~

Authors note:

Just a short chapter, sorry :( 

Please leave feedback and comment any of your ideas or thought of what's going to happen or things like that :)

Thank you, I love you all for reading this :*