Chapter 5: A Decent Mundie

Rose looked up into the boys dark eyes and ruffled dark hair. She blinked the tears out of her eyes and quickly wiped them with her hand. “Why are you here? Muddies aren’t allowed in the weapons room.”

Simon looked startled, “Oh I’m sorry, was on my way out and I got lost, then I heard screaming so I ran as fast as I could. Are you ok?”  He said panting.

Rose stood up and brushed herself off. She was about half a head shorter than Simon. She sighed. “I’m fine. Just a nightmare. If I were you I wouldn’t go around the institute chasing after screams. The screams aren’t always from a damsel in distress.”

Simon laughed sheepishly, “I guess that ruins my plans of exploring the place.” Simon took a step back and gazed at the room. “What is this place anyway? It looks like something from dungeons and dragons.”

Rose laughed, “I have no idea what you are talking about, but this is the weapons room. Its slightly dangerous for a Mundie so uh…you might wanna  go.” She pointed towards the door.

“My names Simon.” He scratched his head. “And I’m kinda lost and I don’t really wanna go exploring after what you said.” He chuckled.

“Uhh okay, I’ll show you out. Follow me.” Rose walked to the door of the weapons room. She turned round to see Simon still memorized by the walls full of every weapon you could imagine.  “Simon! Come on!”

Simon looked like a child in a toy shop. “This place is amazing! Can I try throwing that?” Simon said pointing to one of the gold tipped knives.

“Don’t touch that! It will burn your hand if you do! Come on!  I’ll give you a tour of the whole place another time but I think you’ve been through enough for one day.” She called out.

Simon hurried over gingerly and sped up to keep up with her, “So uhh how long have you been here?”

Rose shrugged, “As long as I can remember.”

“Really? Do you kill you know…Demons too?” He asked.

“Of course. That is what I was raised to do.” She smiled.

Simon’s eyes widened. “But you’re so small.” He said looking down on her.

She chuckled, “So is your Mundie friend. Where is she anyway?”

Simon narrowed his eyes in thought. “Some sort of city… I dunno she went with that jerk blonde guy.”

“The silent city?” She questioned.

“Yeah that’s it.” Simon said.

Rose shivered at the thought. “Uhhh how I hate that place, and that blonde guy is my friend so you don’t need to be rude and I think he’s saved your Mundie friend life a few times so you can keep quiet.”

Simon looked down.

Rose came to a halt. “Carry on up that hallway then turn to your right and the front door will be there.” She said pointing down the hallway.

“Well…uhh thank you…”He scratched his head in thought.

“Rosaline.” She smiled.

“Well I’ll see you soon Rosie.” Simon said smiling as he began walking down the hallway.

“It’s Rosaline!” She called out.

It was too late he’d already turned the corner. This Mundie she could grow to like she thought. He wasn’t stuck up like the other one. She sighed and made her way back upstairs to the weapons room. Again.

~

~

~

~

Authors note:

Please leave me any suggestions or ideas of what you want to happen and what scenes you want me to include. 

Thank you so much for reading lovelies :*