Chapter 14: The Alluring Stranger

Unable to move, Rose stood there with her back against the hard wooden door with locked bolts down the side. She crossed her arms and plucked up the courage to speak, "What are you doing here?"

A sly smile appeared on Sebastian's face as he reclined on what must have been an armchair wrapped in a dusty white sheet. "I could ask you the same question, my love." his husky voice made Rose melt inside.

"Don't call me your love." Rose snarled in disgust trying to work out if this stranger was trying to hit on her or was being genuinely creepy.

The smile left his face suddenly, "Why not?"

Rose thought to herself for a moment. She didn't know this guy but she might as well be honest since she had no idea how long she would be trapped in here with him for, she sighed, "Because is weird and creepy."

A deep laugh escaped his lips, "Then what should I call you."

"Rosaline." With that she earned a smile from Sebastian, but she wanted answers, "You didn't answer my question. Why are you here?"

"The same reason you are." He said bluntly.

Moving forward Rose perched herself on the dusty armchair opposite Sebastian, "And what reason is that?"

"I was put here."

Intrigued Rose leant forward, "By?"

A sly smirk spread across his face, "Why would I tell you?"

"Because I'm asking nicely." Rose snapped and huffed in frustration, leaning back into the overstuffed armchair.

"And I'm not answering. Nicely." Sebastian replied with that same infiltrating smirk of his.

The blonde haired girl gritted her teeth, "Then how do I get out?"

"Again, why would I tell you?"

Aggravated Rose stood up and made her way back to the bolted library door, since she'd given up any hope she had that the Sebastian guy was going to help her, "You're absolutely useless and not very good company." She muttered.

"And you're full of questions which I cannot answer." Sebastian followed her towards the door and leant against the door leaving barely a centimetre between to two.

"Help me knock down this door." her voice came out shaky; the only person who had even been this close to her was Jace. Jace. She was letting him seep back into her mind again. No, she wouldn't let it happen once more. Jace had betrayed her and fallen for Clary in the short time she was gone. Her feelings for Jace were so strong, but every time she thought of him it was like a knife being plunged right into her heart.

A husky voice knocked her out of her daydream, "No."