🌞Chapter 14🌻

🌞🌻

The next morning. Gulf wake up early and began to make coffee in the kitchen. He wanted to make breakfast but there were neither eggs nor bread, so coffee would have to suffice. As Mew had said, it looked like it was rare for him to cook for himself at home. It seemed like the only thing he used the kitchen for was make coffee anf tea.

As Gulf sipped his coffee, he made a shopping list of food and supplies he would need. The glass door opened, and Mew appeared, wearing a suit. He looked like he was all ready for work. He wore a necktie, and a white dress shirt, he had his coat thrown over his arm, and his other hand held a leather briefcase.

In the morning light, Mew seemed so beautiful and fresh. It was almost blinding, and Gulf narrowed his eyes instinctively.

As he noticed the mellow aroma that filled the room, Mew looked at Gulf.

"Good morning. I made some coffee. Would you like some?" Gulf asked cheerfully. He took out another cup and was about to pour some coffee into it when Mew waved his hand at him.

"No, don't bother." Mew coldly refused.

Gulf obeyed as Mew went on.

"I usually come home quite late, as I said yesterday, just eat without me. As long as you don't go into my room, you can use whatever you like. Oh, and here's the key. Try not to lose it."

"Okay." Gulf picked up the key Mew had tossed onto the table.

"See you later." After saying everything he wanted to, Mew left. The sound of the front door slamming sounded hollow.

Gulf had no idea where Mew was going. For that matter, he had no idea what Mew's job consisted of at all. He was miserable because in their current situation, he wouldn't even allowed to ask Mew such question.

🌻

When he got to work, Kao pounded him on the shoulder. "Hey, so you finally got that company housing! Good for you!" It seemed news of him moving spread.

"Well, it's more like a dorn than company housing."

"Well, they're basically the same, aren't they? You said you wanted to get settled as soon as possible, didn't you?"

"Yes, that's right." Gulf gave Kao a forced smile and sighed quietly. Company housing and a dorm only seemed similar. It was true that he had wanted to settle down quickly, but he didn't feel that was possible if he had to live with Mew.

In any case, Bright had helped him out, so he thought he should give him a call. He called Bright on his cellphone and told him he had moved to a company dorm. Bright was so happy one would almost think it was happening to him. Gulf wanted to talk to him about Mew, but decided not to do it over the phone.

"Do you want to meet up tonight?" he asked.

"Sure," Bright replied.

He decided to be completely honest with Bright and ask for his friend's advice. Since Bright knew both him and Mew well, Gulf felt that his friend would have some good ideas about what to do in this situation.

After arranging the night's meeting, Gulf returned to his desk to find Kao waiting for him, already prepared to leave.

"What are you doing? We gotta get going!" Kao barked. Gulf quickly grabbed his briefcase and followed his senior out the door.

TBC