🌞Chapter 26🌻

🌞🌻

"Hey, Mew. Can I spend the night here?" Art said, loudly enough for Gulf to hear.

"Absolutely not."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't live alone anymore. This is N'Gulf's company housing, so people who don't work for the company aren't allowed to stay overnight here."

"What if P'Gulf says I can?"

"That's not the point."

However, Art ignored Mew, and turned towards Gulf. "P'Gulf, you don't mind right? It's been so long since I've seen my brother..." he said in a goading tone of voice.

"No...if P'Mew says no, then it's probably not okay," Gulf said.

Art glared at him harshly. "But I came all the way here, and now you're kicking me out? It's late!"

"I'll take you home," Mew said, standing up. He retrieved his car keys from the sideboard.

Art turned away. "No. I wanna stay here."

"Art. Don't be so childish," Mew said calmly.

"But I haven't seen you in so long! You never come home, you never even call me! I've waited so long to see you, but all you do is ignore me!" Art raised his voice angrily.

"I've been busy with work."

Art's eyes filled with tears. It seemed like he really meant what he had said. He had been waiting for Mew, his desperate protest proved that.

"P'Mew, it doesn't really matter to..."

Mew didn't want to hear it and interrupted Gulf. "Come on, I'll drive you home. Let's go, Art." He quickly left the living room with car keys in hand. It seemed like Mew was really determined to take his brother home.

At the sound of the front door closing, Art raised his tear-stained face. He glared at Gulf for a while and said rudely, "You better hurry up and move out of here."

He slammed the door violently. At that sound, Gulf relaxed his shoulders and sighed deeply. He didn't understand why Art had glared at him like that, or why he had told him to move out. Did he really care who his brother lived with him that much? He also couldn't figure out why Mew was so dead-set against letting him stay overnight. Gulf didn't like the idea of having to kick out his brother, who had come all the way here to see him.

Because even if Art was childish or selfish, he was still Mew's brother. But it looked like Mew had no desire to let him stay overnight.

Gulf was left alone in the deathly silent room, so he began clearing the coffee cups. He decided he would ask Mew about Art when he returned home. He knew full well that Mew disliked people nosing around in his personal affairs, but Gulf couldn't stand not knowing what was going on.

He felt that if he didn't ask Mew himself, he would never understand his roommate. He didn't like not knowing. Not knowing about Mew. Gulf had no idea that Mew had another younger brother. He also didn't understand the way Mew treated him. Besides, he really wanted to know what Mew meant by saying they were only roommates because it had been an emergency situation, and that as soon as company housing was available, Gulf would move out.

TBC