🌻Chapter 16

🌻

Bright's eyes grew wide in surprise, just like a cartoon character. "What? WHAT?" he exclaimed loudly. People from other tables looked over in annoyance, but Bright was oblivious to it. He was at a loss for words. Suddenly, he snapped back to reality, drained his beer mug, ordered another from a waiter passing by, and turned to Gulf. "You mean...Mew, my brother, Mew?"

"Yes."

"Whaaaat?" another yell of amazement came from Bright's mouth, although this one was a bit quieter. His refill of beer came, and he gulped it down quickly and sighed. "I'm shocked."

"Looks like it."

"I'm just...surprised."

"I was, too, when the president called me in and P'Mew was standing there. I was surprised just to see his face, but then the president told me I'd be moving in with him!"

"Yeah, I guess so. I can't believe Mew agreed to it," Bright said in disbelief.

"He really didn't agree to it. He was forced to. I think he couldn't say no to the president. Even I know that must be have to put P'Mew in a difficult position." Gulf murmured with self-derision. He gulped down his beer.

Bright looked at Gulf worriedly. "Well, I'm sure Mew's annoyed that his solitary lifestyle was changed, but on the other hand, isn't this a good story for you? It's better than having to move in with a complete stranger. Mew probably agreed to the living arrangement because he's known you for so long."

If Gulf said he wasn't happy that he was living with Mew, he would be lying. But on the other hand, if Mew would have readily taken him in, no matter how happy he would be, he would still be sorry for causing trouble. As Gulf hung his head silently, Bright reached his hand out to his friend. Feeling a hand on his face, Gulf looked up to see Bright looking back at him with a troubled expression. "Don't look so sad!"

"When I think that I'm making P'Mew unhappy, it's hard for me, too..." Gulf whispered.

"Now, stop over-exaggerating!"

"I'm not."

"What do you mean?"

"The real reason I came to Tokyo...is because of P'Mew."

Bright held his breath, he was surprised for the second time that night.

"I didn't make it clear up you the other day at the hotel, but I joined the company because of P'Mew, too. Because I wanted to see him."

"Gulf..."

"But it's wrong to get a job because of that kind of ulterior motive, isn't it? When you told me P'Mew works for other companies, I realized that I couldn't always get my way. I had no idea what I'd do when I see him, anyway. But...I just hoped that I'd have even the slightest chance of seeing him."

Bright was silent.

"So I had a change of heart, and just when I was about to forget about him and put all my efforts into work, I found out I'd be living with him. I never could have imagined this would happen."

He was mainly complaining, but Bright listened to him quietly. Gulf put all the bad feelings he'd held inside into words and told Bright about them, and he felt his heart get a little lighter.

When he was finished speaking, Bright had his arms crossed across his chest and looked like he was deep in thought. Gulf rested his chin on his hands silently.

It seemed like they weren't even in a lively bar, and both sat quietly together.

TBC