ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴍᴀʀᴋ

NOTE: Hey guys! Sorry I took too long, and thank you all for the votes.

The chapter is a bit long, so I apologize. I tried to made it shorter, but there was too much important information.

Anyways, the next chapter is on~~~.

Hope you like it! Please, let me know your thoughts about it.

Enjoy~~

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

If Jamie thought the day was going well, he surely didn't think so anymore. They walked back to their tents, and again everyone but him chatted along the way. The boy walked away from the group, and when everyone gathered to talk about the match, the boy just sat in his bunk and continued reading the book he had started earlier that same day.

"Hot cocoa?" offered a voice at the entrance, and the boy raised his eyes to see Remus standing there and staring at him.

Jamie looked at the man and merely agreed with his head.

Remus walked over to the boy's bed and held out a mug to him, which Jamie gladly accepted.

"Thank you," muttered the boy.

"Not very close to the Weasleys, I assume," the man commented lightly.

"Something like that," Jamie replied vaguely, and Remus stared at him.

"What are you reading?" he questioned.

"A transfiguration book," the boy said.

"You like it?" inquired the man, and Jamie agreed again.

"It's fun," Jay commented, and Remus agreed.

"How are the classes like at your school?" asked the man softly.

"You want to know if we've classes on how to torture muggles or stuff like that?" the boy mocked, and Remus laughed.

"No. I don't believe a school would teach that," the man commented casually.

Jamie sighed and circled the edge of the cup with his finger.

"It's... Ok, most of the time," Jay replied softly, and the man agreed.

"Kind of far from home, huh?" the man questioned, and the boy didn't answer.

"What do you want?" spoke Jamie straightforwardly, raising his gaze to the man curiously.

"What do you mean?" questioned Remus.

"You came to talk to me. Why?" replied the boy.

"Well, you are the son of my best friends, and I didn't know you," explained Remus.

"I met Harry last year when I was his teacher, but I hadn't met you," he said with a slight smile.

Jamie didn't reply and just stared at the man suspiciously. Jay sensed that there was something more there but decided not to push it.

"All right then," the boy concluded, although he didn't buy the story.

Remus flashed one last smile at Jamie and stood up, recognizing that the boy had noticed something wrong.

"Enjoy it while it's still warm; it's almost bedtime," he advised leaving the tent.

Jamie stared at the spot where the man was standing a short time ago and decided to put the situation aside momentarily. He finished his drink and resumed his reading, darting his eyes away from the book when his father, Remus, his brother, and Ron entered the tent.