ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ᴇɢɢ

NOTE: Hey guys!

How are you guys doing? Here is another chapter!

Hope you enjoy it!

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

Jamie decided he wasn't staying home much longer. The more he looked, the more it looked like his parents were hiding something big from him, and the last thing he needed right now was to find something else to worry about.

When he decided to go back to the castle, Jamie used the fireplace in his dad's office to go to Hogsmeade, making sure he said the address of the abandoned house he had found on one of the many walks he had taken.

As soon as the boy left the fireplace and walked out of the house, he instantly noticed something was following him. Jamie lit the tip of his wand and began to rummage around his surroundings, searching for the source.

Suddenly, the boy spotted a huge black dog standing near him, watching every step he took intently.

"Merlin," Jamie exclaimed, giving a slight jump and closing his eyes.

"You scared the life out of me," muttered the boy, turning away from the animal.

The dog, however, started following him.

"Shoo," shooed Jamie, trying to send the dog away, but it didn't work.

The dog strolled behind Jamie, causing the boy an intense wave of discomfort. He doubted it was anything other than an animal. However, there was something about that dog; that seemed to be really off. It looked like it was escorting him, almost like some sort of guardian, which was rather creepy, in Jamies' opinion.

The boy kept walking, still paying attention to the animal following him, and went around to the back of the sweet shop, using a hairpin he had stolen from Mia to pick the lock.

"Thanks for the company, I guess," Jamie muttered to the dog, jumping out the window and heading downstairs just after locking the lock.

The window led to a shorter route to the trapdoor that would take him to the castle, and luckily, the shop owners were too excited upstairs in their house to notice anyone coming in through the window. Jamie quickly stepped through the passage and back into the castle, heading for the ship without a thought.

***

Jamie was restless for the rest of the holiday. He only left to go to the Great Hall for meals, partly to avoid his family and partly because he didn't have much to spend time with since his two best friends weren't there.

When finally, the day of the students' return arrived, and Archie and Mia returned to the castle, Jamie tried to act as natural as possible. Still, it was nearly impossible to pretend that they hadn't found out what they had found out.

"Mate, you need to work on your acting," Archer commented in the dormitory a few days after he arrived back at the castle.

Jamie grunted in irritation.

"I don't like lying to Mia. It feels wrong, and she always notices, you know that" the boy defended himself.

"I know. Why do you think I've been deflecting anything close to the subject? You don't have to lie; just keep the subject from coming up," Archie advised, and Jay agreed.

"Guess I can do that," muttered Jamie.

"Anyway, check this out. That was the picture I was telling you about," said Jay, suddenly remembering the picture he had found in his dad's old trunk.

Jamie took the picture and held it out to Archie, waiting for a reaction.

"That's... Wow," spoke the boy and Jamie agreed.