3.9

Winter break rolled around faster than expected. The days leading up were dreary, only filled with study sessions and final exams. Yeona didn't mind it with her friends there to fill the void, helping her move past the upcoming days of stress and boredom.

She couldn't wait for it to be over, on the inside she desperately wanted to be home snuggling underneath her warm blanket wearing her baby yoda printed socks; an early Christmas present from her whimsical roommate.

This was the first gift exchange where her friends were all invited to. She hadn't been around so many people in what felt like forever, feeling nervous about it days leading up. Knowing it was only between the ones she trusted the most, she knew it was worth going.

It was probably the most fun Yeona had in a long time, a good step to bring up her spirits. Though with their high energy level, it drained her own low. She was ready to head home and finally relax.

Wish granted two weeks later, she leaned against the backboard of her bed typing away on her phone. The texts kept rolling through from Minseo who was currently struggling at the airport waiting to board her flight.

Yeona laughed, reading how she was seconds away from being kicked out of the terminal for getting into a brawl with a twelve-year-old in security line. According to Minseo, she did not look twelve.

Yeona didn't question it.

All Minseo wanted was a peaceful getaway, a well deserved one, for the winter break. Yet she could barely make it out of the country without chaos sneaking up behind her.

Without warning, the sound of the doorbell echoed through the silent house, a dramatic sigh escaping Yeona's lips. The girl was already comfortable in her weighted blanket and was too lazy to move. Good thing she had a younger brother to boss around.

"Get the door Jeno!"

She could hear him groan from downstairs, throwing what sounded to be his Xbox controller on the coffee table as he got up. The door creaked open with silence to follow. Thinking it was just a delivery driver dropping off a package, she tuned back to her phone.

That was until she heard a few muffled whispers coming from Jeno. Becoming fairly curious, she tore the blanket off her body and left her room, heading down the stairs while fixing her hair in the process.

"Who is it, Je?" Yeona asked, tightening her ponytail as she hit the final step. She secretly wanted to catch him in the act, a massive food delivery or an expensive item ordered online that she knew would get him a lecture from their parents.

"We got food at home!" or "You don't need that! Save your money!"

They've heard it all one too many times.

Moving towards him, she noticed his hands were empty. Jeno darted his eyes to the person standing at the door then to her, "It's for you."

Yeona furrowed her brows as Jeno left the door open, walking back inside. She moved in front of the door, the confusion growing after the mysterious person was revealed.

"Taeyong?" She stood at the door, staring at the boy. She hadn't seen him many times before the break, only a few encounters outside their exam hall and even after. Though there were times where they both looked like they had something to say to each other, no one made the move to do so.

They couldn't admit they were avoiding each other, whether it was intentional or not. After the events that occurred they couldn't seem to act normal in front of the other. That was until he visited her out of the blue.