3.7

A light beat played through the small bluetooth speaker, creating a lively atmosphere as Yeona got ready for the night. Though it was generally quiet with all her focus directed towards selecting an accessory out of several options, spending an unnecessary amount of time going back and forth between two.

It was no help that her fashion-monger roommate wasn't around to help. Minseo left hours ago to meet up with Hyunjin for early rounds, wanting to get a head start on the buzz before the party actually started. That may be a clear sign to not stick around her, as one specific boy suggested before.

A knock on her door interrupted Yeona's thought process. Quietly groaning, she grabbed both chokers and headed towards the door.

"Hey—"

"Which one?" She cut him off, holding up the pieces before him. Surprised for a second, he took a moment to study her clear look of desperation before a dry laugh escaped his lips, replying with a sarcastic, "Hello to you too."

"Hey," She sighed, stepping aside for Taeyong to enter her dorm. Walking back to her makeshift vanity, Yeona asked again, "What do think looks better? Diamond or black lace?"

"They look the same, one is shiny the other is not. So does it really matter? With all this effort you'll still look like the chimp you are." He muttered while examining her dorm, taking in the small details. His eyes stop at her bed where a few stuffed animals laid, a particular large one catching his attention, "Oh, so you were serious about the bear."

"Ugh forget it, you're no help." She decided on the black lace, bringing it around her neck. She'd worn it many times before, plus it matched with almost any outfit. So she couldn't understand why it wasn't cooperating with her now, not locking on as she struggled with her arms growing tired.

Before she could turn it around to face the front, she was stopped when she felt a warm presence from behind, followed by a soft pair of hands around hers.

"You're going to make us late." Taeyong mumbled, carefully latching the buttons together. It wasn't hard to clip on, he thought to himself as he simply pressed them together.

Adjusting the fabric so it was comfortable around her neck, he moved her wavy hair back behind her shoulders, turning her around to see an indecipherable expression on her face. "There, now you can impress Lucas with your perfect outfit."

Yeona glared at his figure walking out of the dorm, her face growing warm by the second, "I'm not trying to impress him."

After grabbing her belongings, the two quickly made their way out of the dormitory and towards the frat house.

It was a slightly awkward walk, not many words being exchanged between the two. Yeona could tell something was up with Taeyong, he took one too many glances at her, as if he wanted to say something but was keeping it to himself.

"So," She cleared her throat, hoping to ease the odd tension, "The sky is really pretty tonight, dontcha think?"

Taeyong looked up, "Oh yeah, I just noticed. Now that I think about it, you should've worn the sparkly one instead, you would've twinkled like the stars, glowing even brighter."

"Oh, so you're saying I look dull right now?"

He stammers, "What? No, no I didn't mean that—"

Yeona interrupts him, laughing, "I'm just joking, I know what you meant. But wow Taeyong, was that a compliment? Tonight might finally be the night you hit it off with a girl using your famous pickup lines."

Taeyong watches her pull out her phone, seeing her occupied left him back with his thoughts. He sighed, whispering, "I thought it was working... I guess not."