3.2

Taeyong grabbed Yeona by the shoulder, pulling her behind him. He narrowed his eyes at Lucas, "You are not talking to her." 

Though they were similar in height, she still felt small standing behind him, like he was a shield protecting her.

"I knew I saw you guys," Doyoung exclaimed quietly, "I swear I saw Yuta but I thought it was just my eyes..."

Yuta remained quiet, looking everywhere but at Doyoung. Even the boy beside him was silent, almost a little worried. Jaehyun didn't know what was about to happen, the last thing he wanted was for his friends to fight or cause a commotion.

"Yeona please, I can't leave without talking to you," Lucas pleaded, keeping hold of her scared eyes, "I promise it won't be long, just for a second."

Taeyong opened his mouth to interject, but was stopped from the sound of her timid voice.

"Okay."

Taeyong whipped his head around, looking at the girl as if she lost her mind, "What? Yeona no–"

"I want to see what he has to say, I gave you a chance to explain your side of everything. So the only right thing to do is to give him one as well," Yeona replied quietly, loud enough for only Taeyong to hear, "It's not like he did anything wrong."

Jeno raised a brow at the three new faces, he was feeling slightly wary by the bold aura coming off of them. He crossed his arms, "What's going on Yeona? Who are these guys?"

Yeona could only shake her head, having no time to explain to him, "It's fine Jeno, I'll be right back." She glanced at Lucas, signalling him to follow her and walked a few feet away from the group.

"I'm going to keep an eye on them." Taeyong told Doyoung the moment Lucas walked off. He followed the two as they made their way over to the bleachers. Not having anything to hide behind, he decided on standing in the middle of the court, as if that was any better and didn't make him stand out.

But maybe that wasn't a good idea once he noticed a few girls approach him from afar, cutely waving in his direction. They were clearly way too young, but he couldn't escape from them now as they already started to crowd around him, asking for his number.

"Um does anyone want to tell me what the heck is going on?" Jeno asked the remaining of his sister's friends. Even the youngsters were backing up Jeno, staring intensely at the two new faces, wanting to make them uncomfortable. Chenle and Renjun balled up their fists while Jisung stood tall, puffing out his chest to make him look as buff as possible.

"Uh Yeona and Lucas are partners for this history project, yeah!" Doyoung faltered, trying hard to not sound suspicious, "It's due this Monday so I guess they're just going over some details."

Jeno narrowed his eyes at him, "My sister takes psychology."

Doyoung's eyes widened, awkward chuckles escaping out of nervousness, "O-Oh? Well isn't that the same thing?"

Jeno, however, did not crack a smile. And neither did the others as they slowly circled around Yuta and Jaehyun, making sure they couldn't escape. All they were waiting for was a command, ready to jump them the second it's given.

Once further away from the others, Lucas took a seat next to Yeona, watching her fidget with her hands. She kept her eyes on her lap, before breaking the ice between the two, "So, what are you doing here on a Friday night? Don't you usually host parties?"

"We do, but the others are taking care of it. I put Xiaojun in charge for tonight. Yuta suggested I should chill out from the parties for now."

She looked at him briefly, "So you came here? Did you know I was here?"