2.7

"Hey Taeyong can you read the second paragraph in the text for me?" Lucas asked the boy beside him as he typed away on his laptop.

"You can't read it yourself?" Taeyong muttered. He had his head rested in his arms on the table whilst scrolling through his phone, "Must've gone blind from staring at your reflection in the mirror for too long."

"He's asking nicely, Tea. So do it, lazy ass." Yeona pushed his textbook closer to Taeyong, making him groan in response.

It had been three hours since the four had been in the library, working away on their project. Not a lot of small talk was made once they all got together, they could already sense the tension between Taeyong and Lucas. So the pairs only concentrated on their own work, hoping to get it done as soon as possible.

You could consider Jaehyun and Yeona to be that one pair in class everyone envied the moment they were paired up. They were bound to get the highest grade for that project, and they sure proved it. They both knew what they were doing, though they would help each other if the other was uncertain about something. Even so, Jaehyun was always willing to help Yeona, even when she didn't ask. His sweet and gentleman-like behavior made her swoon to the fullest.

Taeyong and Lucas on the other hand, weren't making any progress with their project. This mostly was because Taeyong wasn't being cooperative with Lucas at all, making him do most of the work and ignoring him whenever he needed help. And to Yeona's surprise, Lucas hadn't complained about it, not even once.

Taeyong lazily lifted his head up, slowly dragging the textbook closer to him. He skimmed the words on the page, before mumbling, "The French passenger ship Yukhei runs aground off the coast of Fuckboytopia, with 140 lives lost because dumbass don't know how to control his–"

"Woah woah wait, what the heck did you just say?" Yeona stopped him from continuing. She grabbed the textbook out of his hands and read the words off the page, "Wait– it doesn't even say that? The ship's name is Medusa."

She rolled her eyes, "Taeyong, it's your grade on the line too, so stop being a jerk and help him," Yeona slid the book back over to him, "What even is a Yukhei anyways?"

"It's actually my real name," Lucas replied to her, "I go by Lucas though, its just easier to pronounce."

"Wow, hehe... that's a cute name," Yeona giggled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Lucas smiled at her amusingly, "Not as cute as the boy himself, am I right?"

"You're like, a thousand percent right," Yeona blushed from the gorgeous smile he was giving her.

Taeyong scoffed at her, rolling his eyes at the two, "I mean the name is okay, it's not even that hard to pronounce."

"Okay? It's a very unique name, I don't know what you're talking about."

"It's pretty basic in my opinion, nothing special about it, just like the owner of the name."

"You wanna go Tea–"

"Let's fucking go Yawna–"

"Um I think you guys forgot we're in the library," Jaehyun whispered as he glanced between them worriedly, fearing they were actually about to pounce on each other.

The two slowly sunk back into their seats, their glaring eyes still locked.

"I think we should take a break, I'm pretty sure Lucas' fingers are about to fall off." Jaehyun suggested, which they silently agreed with.

"I mean you aren't wrong..." Lucas stretched his arms widely, just inches away from hitting Taeyong's head, "Oh haha whoops, sorry."

Taeyong sent him a side-ways glare before shuffling his chair slightly away from him.