3.8

The weekend felt quieter than usual, though Sunday's were typically the quiet days on campus. Maybe it was just that way to Yeona, the window next to her bed was slightly open but she could still hear the muffled chatter from students walking by.

Seems that her mind blocked out most of her surroundings. She couldn't even hear her name being called, a light touch on her arm bringing her back to reality.

"Sorry," Minseo apologized when she flinched away, "You weren't answering me. But seriously Yeona, you really need to eat or at least drink something." Minseo passed her water bottle to Yeona, the girl slowly accepting it. But instead of taking a sip, she placed it down beside her on the bed, letting it fall flat out of balance.

"It's already 4pm and you haven't eaten anything. You only ate a muffin in the past 24 hours and have been in the same position since." Doyoung added, referring to her posture. Her legs hugged close as she leaned her head against the wall, blankly staring out the window. The two were starting to worry about her.

Minseo had been by Yeona's side the past two days, not like she went out for a second. Thinking it would just be the two, they were surprised to see a panting and restless Doyoung standing outside their dorm that very night around 3 am.

Deep inside, he couldn't leave or be away from her, it just didn't sit right with him. As soon as the party broke off, he ran to his dorm and stuffed his duffel bag with whatever he could fit. Leaving without notifying the other boys.

Once Minseo opened the door and Yeona saw who it was, she filled up with tears as she hugged him tight. She was overwhelmed with relief and comfort that one of her friends showed up when she needed them the most.

Though his overnight stays were a little risky whenever the dorm supervisor dropped by. Luckily he never got caught, always diving straight under the bed every time there was a knock at the door. At least seeing Doyoung in a humorous panic got Yeona to smile a few times.

The days were long in their eyes. The two of them took turns trying to get Yeona to eat or even talk. Sometimes everything would seem normal, she would start up conversations so easily. Other times she would end up crying, her emotions getting to her. Doyoung and Minseo knew that it would take a while for it to all pass but it broke their hearts seeing her this way.

Doyoung sighed, reaching over to her study table, "Can you at least eat the cookies Kun baked for you?" He opened the tin lid, holding out a variety of cookies laid around. It still had that freshly baked aroma to it which got her stomach rumbling with a hint of joy.

Kun and Jungwoo stopped by earlier with cookies and other snacks, wanting to see how she was doing. Even though they were invited inside, Kun had suddenly run off, confusing them all. Jungwoo thought it was best to go after him, wanting to comfort his friend who secretly wiped his tears as he waited for the elevator.

Yeona picked up her favourite cookie— they always tasted the best when Kun made them. Just the thought of it got her mind distracted. A few crumbs fall off as she broke it in half. She wondered how he nailed them every batch.

They were so soft and chewy. Never dry or burnt, always sweetened to perfection. They were like little clouds she could hold in her hand. She had always been secretly jealous of his baking talents. She hoped he could bless her with his skills one day, it would be a nice diversion from everything around her.

Doyoung gazed at her curiously, noticing her spacing out as she stared at the baked pastry. It wasn't the first time he'd seen her doze off before so he let her be. Just before Doyoung could close the lid, Minseo sneaked her hand in, grabbing a chocolate chip cookie and taking a big bite from it.