✗ 24 ✗

After eating my lunch as usual with my friends and with Jake paying for all of our meals since he wanted to congratulate me on what I did to his douche of a teammate, we went back to the campus.

We still have twenty mins before the bell rang. As soon as we entered the hall leading for my department, there were students yelling where they all run ahead around a forming crowd.

I didn't even need to ask what's happening. Students even in college never learned their lessons from highschool. But even if I'm not the type to watch any kind of fight, we need to get through their audience to reach the other side.

With Jake pulling on my hand to keep me from being trampled, I was shocked to see when we were pushed to the front and I realized who it was. Jay and the soccer guy I hit with the ball was having one of the intense fist fight I've ever seen.

The guy's nose was bleeding and Jay have two bruises from his cheek down to his chin.

What the hell could of happen for them to beat each other up? We've been only away for half an hour.

While everybody is capturing it in the phone, I tried to search for Jay's friends among the faces. I let out a terrified gasp when the guy sent a punch and it landed on Jay's face. He retaliated with one of his own, knocking the guy down.

Jay got on top of him as the people around them were riled up while he was punching the daylight out of the guy until he passed out cold in the ground.

"Why is no one stopping them?", I asked in panic to Jake.

"Where's his friends?", he asked back to me, copying my move as we struggled to walk around the mob.

As if we have been answered, Sunghoon and Heeseung came out from behind him before pulling him away from the guy. I just couldn't get it when Sunghoon whispered something to Jay making him lift up his head and caught me standing there.

His face was emotionless - staring at me blankly. His knuckles were all bloodied and I winced at how it must've hurt. The other guy was in worst shape though, as his friends appeared to carry him away from the crowd.

"Let's go. There's nothing to worry about it here anymore", Jake blurted out before pulling me away and led me into my classroom.

When I take a last look behind us, the people was already dispersing and Jay looked like your typical bad boy. With anger radiating off of him, he brushed past Sunghoon and headed to another hallway. Heeseung followed behind him as Sunghoon mumbled some incoherent words.

"Y/N, come on", Jake called to me again, sounding annoyed now, so I sheepishly followed him at last.

What am I even doing watching him that long?

My next class is shit. The teacher there for all I know hated me for all the wrong reasons. I wasn't even late and yet she does have the nerve to pucker her lips in distaste at my entrance.

"Miss L/N, if you wanted attention by becoming late, you won't be getting it here", she said annoyed before I even reached my seat.

"I'm not late, Ma'am", I can only answer but politely.

She didn't reply which is a lucky one for me. Not lucky though when I saw who was seating in front of me. It was Ara looking at me with a sneer on her face. If she thinks it makes her look badass, nope, she resembles more of a rabid dog instead.

She smirked before clearing her throat and lifted her hand, "Ma'am, I heard Y/N cursed your name under her breath!"

Everyone looked at me as if in accusation especially the teacher herself. Being put the spot once again, I tried to form a word.

"No, I didn't!", I yelled, hoping for them to believe me.

"Yes, you did! You cursed her for always being a boring teacher!", Ara yelled back, making everyone laugh at the meaning.

"You're just making things up!", I defended myself because no one else would.

"Why can't you stop lying for your own good?", Ara snorted.

"Tell yourself that-"

"Shut up, Miss L/N!", Miss So Unfair said, stopping me from answering back to her favorite student.

"But I -"

"Now Y/N, next time you want to bitch around, please the door is open for you", she said, gesturing to the door.

See? She doesn't like me. She'd rather have everyone laugh than to hear my explanations, so I didn't try.

The whole class passed by with me staring blankly at the board and zoning out. I could still feel the annoyance in my veins as the teacher goes on with whatever she's wanting us to learn yet her voice droned on and on like she's trying to sound so genius, but she isn't.

Ara was still chuckling at me. She looked at me with hatred and mockery in her eyes. What the hell did I do to her again?

I couldn't be any happier when the class ended. I was the first to skip out the room, not bothering to say a goodbye to the teacher who were only good to the students she likes.

It was my last class so I decided to get in my dorm for the rest of the day. I should get inside Candy's room to pick up all my jeans that she stole or talk to Jessica and call the landlady before doing anything, so the evidences was still there.

I was already unlocking the door when my phone started ringing. I fished it out of my bag and set it down between my shoulder and neck as I entered the door without looking at the caller.

"Y/N, it's been so long since you last called us!", my mom screams in her line.

"Sorry mom, I forgot", I let out a sigh.

"I understand. You've been busy?"

"Yes, our finals is near, so I was preparing for it soon", I told her after removing my sneakers then get inside my room.

"For sure your friends will help you like that Jake", she sounded so happy in mentioning that name.

"Of course, who else would help me in College but him?", I said as I jump down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

"By the way, is that Jay still bullying you?", she asked. She was actually one of the first person to know.

My mom and I were close that way, so she was well informed when it comes to Jay. The first time she saw him in a meeting before was back in highschool, she even talked to his maid and it turns out she was nice even though she doesn't talk much about her employee's son.

I think I now have an idea as to why.

"Actually, he's trying to be nice to me which is confusing", I told her.

"Just be careful around him", she warned me as always.

"I will, mom. I promise"

"Anyway, how is Sunoo and Niki?", she asked. She already knew them from the days I called and she was greeted all the time by those boys.

"Oh, they were fine. We had a sleepover just yesterday night. Jake bought all the food for us", I shared it all to her, knowing she would find it so nice to hear me having fun in College.

She thought I would find it hard in the City. I can't even be wrong in my speculations that if she heard a bad news here, she will ask me to just go home.

And I don't want that. I wanted to have my freedom for once. Not that they were a bad family, the province we had is just too boring for me. It was never lively there.

You could always see the same faces. The villages were too damn small, so everyone knew each other and who to judge.

In a city such as Seoul, there were so many people and every individual walking around the street is different, so you could guess why I liked it here.

When I was done talking at her with a smile on my face, my eyes widens after to see many messages from Jay.

It looks like I forgot our project I should be doing in his house... Oops!