✗ 25 ✗

There wasn't much sunlight by the time I reached the condo. The fact that I'm late because of the rush hour made everything a little darker when I got into the lobby.

I headed toward the elevator, one word in my mind. It rattled around my brain noisily like a tin can, and I couldn't help but feel my life had cycled around Park Jay. I was unsure if I liked it or not.

Before the elevator close, a hand stopped it and a face so familiar steps in to join me inside. As I stared at Heeseung's smile, I wondered whether I should talk to him. Maybe to ask what happened about Jay earlier in the fight.

I wanted to talk him as well. I felt like he would be nice to be a friend but I kept starting then hesitating.

He wouldn't judge me right for being nosy?, I thought, I'm just curious to find out why which is normal for a human.

I edged towards him, "Er.. Hello"

Heeseung turned to look at me, surprised that I was making the first move. "Glad to see you here again, Y/N"

"Would it be okay if I ask you about what happened to Jay?", I asked. Heeseung stared at me blankly, as if he didn't understand me.

It was like a warning sign not to bother, but I stood my ground. But then he melted.

"I don't think Jay will like it if I tell you the reason", he managed a nervous smile, and then a couple of things from what he's carrying slipped from his pile.

I looked back up at Heeseung, "I'll pick it up. Don't worry", I muttered.

I smiled as I picked it up after seeing what it was. To my surprise, although I shouldn't be, they were small stuff toys from frog to bears.

I couldn't help my smile, "Are these yours?", I asked and he nodded.

"Do you?"

"I do. Very much", I offered him a warm smile, "I just couldn't bring my own from home"

Heeseung gestured to the bear in my hand, "You can have it then if you want"

"Really?", I said as I handed the others to him and I tried not to get fluster on how the bear holds a heart.

"I didn't think you'd be the sort of girl to like cute things", he said, his voice a lot quieter and softer than it was.

And so we started talking about my interest in stuff toys and also his interest in them too. I was happy to let him talk and listen. Even as an adult, he sounded so passionate about talking to the things he likes - and very shortly after we have to stop by Jay's door, he talked about his love for music.

It was endearing and I could feel myself liking the way we almost didn't sense the time passing.

It felt as if there was nothing bad to say about Heeseung. I think Jake would like him. It was strangely calming.

And then a voice spoke out, "Y/N?"

We looked up to see Jay stood at the doorway of his unit, with an unreadable expression. I got a feeling it wasn't a good one.

He had this hard look about him and I felt my heart drops.

From beside me, Heeseung had gone very silent and his back was rigid and stiff.

"Oh, hey", I said awkwardly between the two of them.

"I didn't know", Jay said slowly as he approached us, "that you were talking now to Heeseung"

Why did he look concerned? I should feel it around him, not with Heeseung whose a friend of his and is actually nice.

"We recently did. He helped me twice before", I replied, forcing myself to stay calm and collected.