Chapter 2

"Good morning, Mikey!" Beamed Y/n. His name being called by her honeyed voice earned his ears to perk up, like a harmonious symphony it wouldn't halt ringing within his ears. Eyeing his beloved wife, he drowsily examines her, rather more into admiring her as an exquisite smile was plastered upon her face. Her smile was one of the blissful scenery he didn't wish to vanish-- evaporate even away from his grasp.

"How's sleep? You didn't stay up all night, did you?" Y/n queried as she walks over toward the spot where her husband stands. The faint sound of her footstep resonating followed her.

Humming in return, Manjiro kept his eyes fixed on her figure nearing, as it soon halts in front of him. Hoisting her hand up as to caress his cheek, her lips furthermore curled wider. Within her eyes, Manjiro could discern the enormous sincere affection she held for him, reflecting apparent like the blue sky on a clear sunny day.

The warmth and fuzzy feelings it delivered within his heart, surging within his flow of blood never declined to amuse him. Her pair of orbs staring straight at his charcoal one were like stars in a starry night sky, although there were billions of twinkling stars in the coating darkness of the atmosphere, her sphere shone luminous than most and so continued to fascinate him eternally.

"Let's eat together?" Y/n murmured breaking the fleeting period of silence that enveloped them. Her breath wafted against his skin while a smile still engraved on her facial, earning Manjiro to vaguely nod his head despite barely understanding the words she asked him as his mind spiraled in a seemingly endless maze. You could compare him to a child who lacks percipience, bringing him to appear vulnerable, though merely on the state wherein he just wake up from his slumber.

Separating her hand away from his cheeks, the warmth of her tender touch lingered, soon faded from his face, as she grabbed her by his limp arms nestled on his side towards where the dish she prepared was placed.

"Why are you up this early?" Uttered Manjiro, head tilting to the side as he unhurriedly slid onto the chair. Behind him, her wife stands, arms were positioned on his neck, engulfing him in an embrace, having their cheeks pressed against each other.

"Had a business trip today, remember?" Y/n uttered, pecking him on his cheeks with her tinted lips as she freed him from the embrace and took the seat beside him. "Did you forget?"

With his obsidian sphere watching her, Manjiro paused on his track as he processes the words that flee her throat. His brows knitted for a moment, racking his mind severely. However, his silence rather verifies that she was right, reaping her to laughs. Though he masked up his state of chaos by briefly replying.

"No..." He trailed, similarly avoiding his spouse's eyes that lingered on his embarrassed frame. A tint of rosette painted on his cheeks. "Of course, I did n-not."

He had completely forgotten about her trip, which means he'll be alone unprepared for a few days without her by his side for solace and to assist him to ward off the tendency of insanity that's been haunting him relentlessly.

Unknowingly curling the corner of his lips downward, Manjiro face illustrated troubled expression as he stared at his wife with emptiness, wherein Y/n immediately comprehend what had been starting to occupy his mind again. Placing her hands on top of his that settled upon the table, Y/n spoke carefully, gentleness spread across her facade as she caress his hand.

"It's only for a week. It wouldn't be that long..." She spoke.

"You think?"

Y/n nodded, while Manjiro showed her a smile.

"But just so you know, I didn't forget about your trip."

"Right." Heaving out a sigh, she chuckled. "Let's go eat our breakfast and get you ready."

Nodding his head severely, so as heeding his wife's word, both uttered words of gratitude for their food.