Chapter 3

Pair of midnight eyes sparkled when he darted those upon their breakfast, the aroma penetrating his nostrils, suffocated his lungs caged within his ribcage. His mouth agape as illusory saliva dripped from his lips, he was feeling ecstatic seeing his valued meal being prepared in front of him with smoke still seeping. The pleasure was furthermore ignited when he glimpsed the flags placed on top of each dish.

"You prepared this, Y/n-chin?" Manjiro exclaimed as he quickly snatched the chopstick and cup the plate, hastily devouring the content contained, creating a mesh of mess. His cheeks puffed as he stuffed his mouth with food relentlessly.

"Slow down...you might choke..." Y/n uttered, a bead of sweat forming on her forehead, brows faintly creased, seemingly worried.

He can hear the voice of his wife clearly, though he choose to ignore her words as he immersed himself by engulfing the meal before it went cold. Both her elbows settled upon the table, with her chin rested on her intertwined fingers. Her e/c pair of hues stared at him within the rim of her lashes as a loose strand fell, framing her face exquisitely. Removing the chopsticks squeezed between his lips as he grinds the food to pieces using his teeth, Manjiro gulps down the remaining as he stares at his wife innocently.

"What?" He questioned. "Something on my face?"

She chuckled, gaping at the view transpiring before her. The reasoning of how cute her husband was for acting like a child and not the complicated guy he originally was, eased her soul with ephemeral solace. Faintly shaking her head left and right, Y/n reached out for the napkin, leaning forward as to remove the mess of rice glued upon the corner of his mouth.

"Take care of yourself, when I'm away, ye?" Y/n mutters.

"I will..." He uttered. "But are you sure you'll be safe without me?"

Humming, she replied. "I guess so... 'cuz I won't need to babysit you."

"That's cruel, Y/n-chin." He pouted. "Message me when you arrived safely there."

Y/n nodded, smiling, staring straight through his soul with her hues wielding radiant fondness as she uttered a few words that amassed his benumb heart undergone celestial emotion...

"I love you...Mikey..."

CRASH...

The blaring sound of a siren boomed within the wreathed surroundings catching attention. The sky is tinted black with a spectacle litter of twinkling jewels. The boisterous city festooned with a radiant glow, illuminating the environment vibrant. In the middle of the busy street, an unpleasant disaster occurs. People's eyes lingered on the chaos, observing and divulging their impression with evident worried expression decorating their facade.

The car was shaped into ruined, smoke emitting and filled with scrapes, damaging the unblemished paint. Inside, a body has been clasped between the ravage metal. Her faultless skin before was coated with bruises and grazes. Blood continuously gushing, painting, flooding her exterior and attire wicked crimson red. Her whole body feels inert, unable to move a single limb. Her breathing ragged as her cracked ribcage pierced her lungs, forbidding her to breathe with ease and inflicting her endless suffering. Her pair of eyes nearly shut completely as vitality was enormously depleting. Everything and everywhere that she darted her eyes of was covered in mist.

Though, in the depth of her seemingly eternal misery and struggling, her lips parted swiftly, muttering in endeavor the name of the person whom she adores...

"M-mikey..."

❝ I love you too, Y/n.❞