Chapter 18

Manjiro emitted a laugh out of his throat, appearing to be enjoying retelling the events both had experienced.

"—And remember when we first started planting roses together and then watered them, and somehow it became into us playing around with the hose, flinging mud at each other, and laughing our asses off?" Manjiro uttered with a smile adorning his facade, while his thumb caresses his wife's hand lovingly before bringing it on his brim and planting feathery kisses with his pale lips.

"Hmm," she hummed in acknowledgment bearing the exact tender smile on her face. Her hues were fixated on Manjiro, scrutinizing and listening to him reminiscing all the silly things they had executed together.

"--I'm definitely looking forward to having our own kids and doing these dumb things with them." Manjiro uttered in delight. A grin was seemingly eternally etched on his complexion.

Tilting his head, with his locks flooding gracefully, his gaze met the placid expression his wife wore. Watching her with such attentiveness, as she closes her eyelids unhurriedly, rather appearing to be in a blissful dream presently. And as a direct consequence of this, the environment around them was swamped by the beauty she exuded, which utterly enthralled Manjiro.

Whisper.

As the breeze murmured their greetings to them, he mutters something daintily as his fingers move the strands of her locks that were falling on her face. "Why do you have to be so beautiful? I can't look at you without getting all warm and fuzzy inside; you're driving me insane."

Whoosh.

Concealed to them, however, a conversation far behind them was being exchanged.

"What Sanzu stated is true. Manjiro..." Kakucho hesitated as he inhaled deeply, attempting to clear his clogged lungs. ❝He's fully demented.