Chapter 5

Void irises stared at the ceiling above,  nothingness seemingly enveloping the whole room, highlighting greatly the loneliness and coldness brimming uncontrollably out of his heart. His body fell limped, back pressed against the plush mattress. It was sudden, he felt stark numbness...he needed something rather someone...the warmth he felt whenever he cuddled with her reassured him as he drift to his sleep, yet, she wasn't there to comfort him or provide him with a rapturous sentiment.

Arm nestled on his forehead, wintry breeze knocking against the flowing curtains, waning throughout the room. His palms emitted accumulating iciness-- seems like it's extensively portraying his soul. Merely her the only person left that he values, the absence of her presence around him swiveled him into nothing but a sole puppet controlled by his mind wherein darkness and heinousness lurks.

He was waiting, his skin unveiled was continuously brushed by the gush passing. Arm settled on his side, hands balled, within the grip of his fingers clasp tightly was his phone. The night deepens and much to his dismay he didn't receive any assurance that his treasured wife arrived safe and sound to where she was assigned to go.

Bringing the phone up above his face, to view whether there was a newly received message-- a glare greeted his swollen eyes wherein under was decorated with dark half-moons that were illustrating the countless night he occupied himself by being awake, letting his misery swarm his susceptible mind.

Within the content of his phone, there was none...not a single message from her.

MANJIRO:

𝖸/𝗇-𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗇, 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎?

𝖣𝗂𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝖿𝖾𝗅𝗒?

𝖴'𝗋 𝗆𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽, 𝖸/𝗇-𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗇.

𝖯𝗅𝗌 𝗋𝖾𝗉𝗅𝗒...

He typed before shutting his lids, yearning for a lull.