Chapter 16

Sanzu marches through the windowless corridor and pauses when a certain door comes into his view: heaving his hand and laying it onto the doorknob, it was impending for him to feel the rush that had built up over time. Sanzu, who hasn't been attentive or rather too perturbed to mind his line of action, twisted the brass doorknob and banged the door open, causing it to collide with the wall and radiate a piercing sound that reverberated throughout the playroom.

Bang!

It was blaring.

Those contained within who was illustrated minding their own business conversing about the topic they had fancied was taken startled by the unpredicted and dreadful entrance. Their pair of purple hues that was rather glinting diabolically darted to the breathless figure of the man who just brought an extremely theatrical appearance.

"Look who's back." Ran proclaimed loudly, his brows arched, while his irises scanned the unruly appearance of their companion. Sanzu's strands were pointing in a different direction, the collar of his suit was soaked by his sweat despite in contrast with the wintry temperature within. He was leaning on the frame, hand still clutching the shaped metal attached to the door, as he persist in breathing through his mouth. His posture was a complete mess.

Huff.

“Great entrance; even required slamming the door." Indifferent baritone of Rindou growled, an irked expression engraved on his face.

Puff.

“M-mikey-- h-he's..." Sanzu stammered, still in the process of catching his deserter breath.

"What about him?"

Recovering, Sanzu speaks further.

"There is something wrong with him." He said. However, by saying these words, the two individuals lingering were seemingly convinced from the reasoning they understand the whole rationale he's acting frantic. "He's talking to a damn c--"

"Let him be, brother." Rindou taunted, interrupting the utterances of Sanzu. He was rather uninterested in the seemingly irrelevant subject arousing. "I'm guessing he consumed tons of illegal medication again. It not strange seeing him act this way."

Smirking, Ran acknowledged his brother, as both thought the exact thing.

"Get a life, Sanzu." Ran sneered. "We don't have time for your bullshit--"

"But it's true!" Sanzu uttered, his tone higher than usual. "Don't you believe me?"

"What's this commotion all about?" A steady voice beamed behind Sanzu which slightly took him aback. His eyes were drawn towards the pink-headed male, examining his chaotic demeanor.

Shifting his head to his side, Sanzu's pelagic hues met the hues that portrayed serenity.

"Kakucho." Sanzu lighted. "Nice timing; it's about the boss."

"What's wrong?" Kakucho's face contorted serious, an urgency was evident on his baritone. "Did something happen to him?"

"Don't bother listening to him, that's just one of his tales whenever he's high," Rindou warned.

"No! Just listen to me."

"All right, then, calm down," Kakucho says as he takes Sanzu's hand in his and leads him to the wide couch. After completing his mission of aiding him, Kakucho questioned Sanzu further. "Now tell me precisely what you observed."

Sanzu then began recounting the events of the day, jumping between the incident that occurred as he was about to drive Manjiro home and what he had witnessed inside Sano's residence.

"That's strange..." remarked Kakucho, who had seen the same phenomenon whenever Manjiro was around.

"See?" Rindou asks, not believing a word the pink-headed man had spoken.

"A bunch of nonsense, to be sure," Ran continued.

"Fine, then." Sanzu glowered, as he rose to his feet while having both of his palms slammed on the finely crafted table before him and causing the bottle of beverage rooted upon to roll and let the content spill. "If you don't believe me, you can check it out for yourself."

“Yeah right, whatever floats your boat.”