(1)Field Trip

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. It plays a different song on my playlist every morning. I roll over, turning it off and looking around my darkened room.

"Good morning, Friday." I grumble. On cue, my curtains roll open. The sun is warm this morning. It sets an orangey glow in my room that instantly boosts my serotonin.

"Good morning, Y/n. Would you like me to read off your schedule for today?" She asks me through the speakers I had Tony install in my room.

"Uh, sure. Why not?" I reply as I get up and made my way to the bathroom, rubbing away the sleepiness in my eyes.

"School begins at 8:30am. Today, you have a field trip to MoMA, the Museum of Modern Art. Then, training with Colonel Rhodes from 4pm to 7pm." She tells me as I brush my teeth. "Lastly, you have study time from 7:30pm-10pm."

"Thanks, Friday." I calls out before spitting out the tooth paste from my mouth.

I get dressed and do my makeup.
(fit🐚)

Just as I'm about to grab my bag and head downstairs, I get this feeling

I have this strong urge to grab my suit and mask. Something inside me is convincing me that I need it. I let out a sigh and quickly grabs the suit and shove it in my back pack before I rush down the stairs.

____________________________________
Peter
8:03am

are you bringing your suit on
the trip today?
idk i feel like i should bring mine
____________________________________

How strange... I think to myself.

I stand there for a second and just freeze. I dial Peter's phone number and hold the phone up to my ear.

"Hey, what's up?" Peter answers as I walk into the kitchen.

"Hey, I'm just getting ready to leave but I saw your text..." I say and I grab my pre-made iced coffee from the fridge.

"Yeah, I mean, I don't know I just kinda have, like, this-"

"Gut feeling?" I cut in.

"Yeah, exactly." He says. "Why? You have it too?"

"Would it be weird if I said yes?" I chuckle as I put the coffee in my bag and zip it up.

"Eh, a little bit." He chuckles.

"Well, to answer your question, yes. I'm bringing my suit." I tell him. I walk down the stairs to the lobby.

"Alright, me too." He says.

"Shit- I'm gonna be late. I'll see you at school?" I say as I approach Happy who is waiting at the car.

"Okay, I'll see you later." He tells me and we hang up.

"Running a little late, are we?" Happy says tapping his watch.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." I tell him as we both get into the car and drive to school.

We stop at the usual spot and I quickly climb out of the car.

"Thanks again, Happy."

"No problem, sweetheart. Have a good time on your trip." He tells me with a smile before I close the door and rush to school.

I sit in class next to Peter and Ned as we wait for the bus to get to the school.

I tap my nails on the table and bounce my leg as my mind wanders and I look around the classroom. Then I feel a hand on top of mine to stop me from tapping. I look next to me and see Peter with his hand on mine.

"Are you okay?" Peter asks me with a bit of a laugh.

"Hmm?" I let out. "Oh, yeah. No, I'm fine." I tell him as my leg continues to bounce. I can feel that he doesn't believe me, to be honest, I don't either.

Our class gets called down to the school busses and we all take our seats and begin our drive. I sit next to Peter with my leg still bouncing and my hands shaking.

"Hey, hey." Peter whispers to me as he puts his hand on my shaky leg. "You're sure you're alright?"

"Yeah... yeah. I'm good." I tell him. I look out the window and back at him. "Just- umm..." I pause. "I have a really bad feeling about today." I whisper to him.

"I know, babe." He mumbles to me and he holds onto my twiddling hands. "Everything's going to be okay." He assures me and kisses the side of my head.

We continue the drive on the bus for a little bit longer. The feeling in my chest gets stronger and stronger until I can finally sense it. I can pin point it.

Peter and I look at each other, this time we can both feel it.

We turn around and look out the bus window to see a huge, ring-shaped spaceship. Peter looks at me with wide eyes then turns to Ned in the seat in front of us. Headphones in and completely unaware. He taps up his arm and face, grabbing his attention.

"Ned. Hey, I need you to cause a distraction." Peter whispers. Ned looks at us and sees the desperation in our faces. His eyes drift to the window behind our heads.

"Holy shit." He mumbles as the spaceship catches his eye. "We're all gonna die!" Ned shouts. "There's a spaceship!"

Everyone jumps out of their seats and rushes to the back of the bus. Peter slaps on his web shooter and shoots a web at the window, using it to pull open the emergency escape across from us.

I slip on my mask and Pete and I jump out the window, and make our way to the ship.

We get to an alleyway and put our suits on. As I undress myself and start to put on my suit, Peter- who was getting himself ready- smirks at me.

"What?" I ask as I slip my arms into the suit.

"You're just beautiful." He smiles as he watches me rush into my boots.

"Shut up." I smile back before unclipping my hair, putting my mask back on and flying out of the alley.

•   •   •