(2)Hitherto Undreamt Of

I land farther down the alley and turn around to see Peter running to catch up to me.

"Wanna race?" I call out as he catches up and we start to make our way to the spaceship.

"You're on." He scoffs. I pick up the pace and leave Peter in the dust.

I make my way to the park where I see someone fall through some sort of sparkly portal, followed by a yellow taxi falling through and nearly landing on him.

I rush over to them and shock fills my body when I see Bruce looking back at me.

"Bruce?" I say as I approach him laying on the ground.

"Y/n?" He says, just as confused.

"What the hell, man? I haven't seen you in, like, two years." I say as I pull him up from the ground.

"Long story." He says before a tree gets zapped and almost lands on us.

"Where's the green guy?" I ask him.

"I'm trying, man, he won't come out." Bruce tells me.

I look over and see Tony in his suit getting thrown around by some alien guy.

Just as he's about to be hit with a giant metal claw, I land in front of it and create a shield over the two of us.

"Hey, man." I nod to the alien as it growls and shouts. "What's up, Tony?" I says and the alien guy smashes on the force field.

"Kid? Where'd you come from?" Tony asks me and I push the alien back.

"Field trip to MoMA, remember?" I reply as Peter swings in and kicks the alien.

"Pete?" Tony mumbles as he sees Peter swing in out of nowhere.

"Uh, what is this guy's problem, Mr. Stark?" Peter asks as we all take shots at the huge alien.

"He's from space. He came to steal a necklace from a wizard." Tony states. The alien grabs Peter with the metal claw and swings him around.

I blast at the alien until he lets go of Peter. Peter goes flying and Tony lazers the alien. The alien monster smashes his fist into an abandoned taxi and throws it at Tony but misses him.

"Y/n. Go find the wizard." Tony shouts to me.

"Copy that." I say and fly off.

I find the 'wizard' stuck upside down on a building wall with another alien in front of him, trapping him under bricks.

The alien reaches for the man's chest to tear off a pendant but his hand sizzles. He lets out a groan and looks at his crisped hand.

"It's a simple spell but quite unbreakable." The man says.

"Then I'll take it off your corpse." The alien hisses just before I blast at him, throwing him against the wall.

"Gotcha." I say as I float behind them.

"Witch." He growls at me before using some kind of force to pull the man out of the bricks and throwing him to the ground.

"You." He hisses at me. He makes a fist pointed at me, somehow tightening my limbs to my body and pulling me towards him.

"What the hell?" I mutter as I start to feel claustrophobic.

"You have the power of the mind stone." He says as he pulls me closer.

"Yeah, pretty cool, right?" I strain as I try to pull my arms away. He throws me down on the ground and I hit my head off the concrete.

The wizard-man pushes himself up onto his knees and does a weird hand motion, revealing a bright green stone from the pendant.