(7)Truth

"What the hell happened to this planet?" Quill says, looking at a small glowing device in his hand. "It's eight degrees off its axis."

"Gravitational pull is all over the place." I say as my eyes scan my surroundings. Everything looks destroyed. There's structures everywhere that are torn apart and rusted.

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us." Tony says. Peter and I watch as Mantis hops up in the air like she's jumping on a trampoline.

"We'll use it. All right, I have a plan." Tony says and we turn to face him.

"Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need." Tony states. "Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet... Are you yawning?" He says, looking at Drax who is in fact yawning.

"In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh?" Tony says angrily. "Did you hear what I said?"

"I stopped listening after you said 'we need a plan'." Drax says.

"Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page." Tony nods.

"See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do." Quill says.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter asks.

"Kick names, take ass." Mantis says.

"Yeah, that's right." Drax agrees.

I look at Peter and shake my head.

Tony sighs. "All right, just get over here, please." He asks. "Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?"

" 'Mr. Lord'." Quill scoffs. "Star-Lord is fine." He says and nods at Mantis and Drax. The two step up to our circle.

"We gotta coalesce. Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude-"

"Dude, don't call us plucky." Quill interrupts. "We don't know what it means."

I roll my eyes and look over at Doctor Strange who has been floating like a buddha. His pendant is glowing bright and his eyes are tightly shut.

I tune out of their conversation and slowly step towards Strange. I focus hard on him and creep into his mind.

My eyes glow red and shoot wide. All I can see are his visions. They flash in my mind, going faster and faster.

I saw it all. The snap. Vision. Steve. The dust. Everything, a million times over, in different scenarios each time.

I feel my heart rate start to speed up and my breaths turn into gasps. My eyes start to water and my heart starts to break.

"Excuse me," I hear a muffled voice say from behind me. "But do your friends often do that?"

"Strange. Y/n/n, we alright?" Another voice calls.

All I can hear are cries and voices. My breath hitches and my chest tightens.

"Y/n?" Peter's muffled voice says, closer to me.
"H-hey, her eyes are glowing. They're in some kind of a trance or something." He panics.

Suddenly the images stop and I stumble back, grabbing ahold of Peter's arm behind me. My body and mind feels disoriented.

I pant and my eyes go back to normal, seeing Strange sitting in front of Tony, out of breath and shaken up.

"You're back. You're alright." Tony says to him.

I turn to face Peter and he holds my face in his hands before looking back at Strange.

"Hey, what was that?" Peter asks him.

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures." Strange pants. "To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict."

"How many did you see?" Quill asks.

"Fourteen million, six hundred and five." He answers.

"How many did we win?" Tony asks and Strange looks at me. I stare back and I let a tear roll down my face before I speak.

"One." I breathe.

_______

No Perspective

In Wakanda, Nat and Steve walk off the Quinjet towards king T'Challa with two members of the Dora Milaje on either side of him.

"Should we bow?" Bruce whispers to Rhodes as he pulls his jacket on.

"Yeah, he's a king." Rhodes answers like it's a no-brainer.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve smiles to T'Challa and shakes his hand.

Bruce clears his throat and bows.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey says in a shocked voice.

"Uh, we don't do that here." T'Challa tells Bruce and he awkwardly stands up Straight.

"So how big of an assault should we expect?" T'Challa asks as he turns and begins walking.

"Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault." Bruce says, following behind them.

"How we looking?" Natasha asks.

"You will have my KingsGuard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje and..." He motions towards Bucky.

"A semi-stable, hundred-year-old man." Bucky smiles before hugging Steve.

"How you been, Buck?" He asks.

"Eh, not bad, for the end of the world." He smiles and looks around at the group.

He spots Wanda standing next to Vision, but no Y/n.

"Where's your sister?" He nods at her.Wanda looks down and doesn't answer.

"She was taken." Steve answers. "Along with Stark and his intern."

Bucky sighs and nods. "Let's get 'em back."

•   •   •