(8)Fight Me

Y/N Maximoff

"Okay. So that's our plan then?" I clarify as we all stand in a small circle.

"Yes. We don't know when he's gonna get here so we need to be in position now." Tony states and we all nod.

"Strange, you know where you'll be?" Tony asks and the Doctor nods. "Alright. Mantis, I'll fly you up. Kids, you know where to go." He says. He grabs onto Mantis and flies away.

Peter and I go to our hiding place and sit quietly for a moment. All I can think about are the things I saw in Strange's mind. Nothing looked good. I don't want to go through all that, but it looks like that's our only option. Every ending was something bad.

"Y/n/n? Are you listening?" Peter speaks.

"Hmm?" My head snaps over to him.

"I said, are you okay?" He tells me. I hesitate.

"Yeah... yeah, I'm fine." I nod, but I can tell he doesn't believe me. He gives me a look that says so. I let out a sigh and look down at my hands.

"I just... saw some things, i-it's nothing really." I shake my head.

"Hey." He whispers and kneels down in front of the rock I'm sitting on. He holds my cheek in his hands as he looks in my eyes.

"It's gonna be okay." He reassures me. "We're gonna beat this guy, and go home, a-and we'll be back at school dreading going to class by tomorrow morning." He smiles and I do too.

Suddenly I can feel him. Thanos. My head shoots up. "He's here."

•               •               •                •

"Oh, yeah. You're much more of a 'Thanos'." Doctor Strange says as he watches the large, purple, muscular man approach him.

"I take it the Maw is dead." Thanos says, but Strange stays quiet. "This day extracts a heavy toll." He says, taking a few steps closer to Strange. "Still, he accomplished his mission." Thanos states.

"You may regret that." Strange says. "He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

Quill hides behind a large scrap of metal with a smile on his face, while Peter and I watch from above on the rusted side of a ship.

"And where do you think he brought you?" Thanos asks.

"Let me guess... Your home?" Strange answers.

"It was." Thanos says with a soft smile before lifting his fist and using a red stone to change our surroundings. The sky turns blue and birds fly around the clean structures. "And it was beautiful."

"Titan was like most planets." He says. "Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution." He explains.

"Genocide." Strange says.

"But random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman." Thanos goes on. "And what I predicted came to pass." He says and everything around goes back to being old and rusted.

"Congratulations, you're a prophet." Strange blurts sarcastically.

"I'm a survivor." Thanos corrects.

"Who wants to murder trillions."

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers and they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy." Thanos says. The words sending a shiver up my spine. I instinctively grab Peter's hand next to me and squeeze gently.