(9)The Snap

Peter holds me around my waist with my arm slung over his neck.

We all stand around silently waiting.

"So what now?" Peter asks.

Tony sighs, rubbing his forehead. I take my arm off Peter's neck and sit down on a rock, holding my wound.

"We wait." I breathe as silent tears come to my eyes.

"How do we get back home?" Peter asks.

"We don't." Tony states and stands up.

I look over at Doctor Strange who sat on a large piece of metal. He looks back at me but says nothing and just shakes his head.

Then I feel it. I feel them.

"Oh, my god." I sit up. My eyes start to glow and my chest tightens.

"What?" Quill asks.

Tears fall from my eyes and I hold back my painful sobs. "I feel them." I wince.

"Feel who?" Drax asks.

"He did it." I whisper and look at Tony.

"Something's happening." Mantis says, looking around. Thunder growls and she turns to dust.

We all stand there, shocked. I look up at Drax.

"Quill?" He mutters as the dust consumes him until he disappears. I can't believe this is happening. Tony steps towards the Star-Lord, wide-eyed.

"Steady, Quill." Tony says.

Quill looks over at me and I shake my head painfully as he realizes... he isn't going to make it.

"Oh, man." He breathes and disappears.

"Tony." Strange calls and they face each other. "There was no other way." He says... and dusts away.

"Guys." Peter mutters. "I don't feel so good."

"You're alright." Tony says.

Peter turns to me, losing his balance. "I don't- I don't know what's happening." I shoot up and catch him in my arms.

"I know... baby, I know." I whisper as a tear falls down my face and he holds onto me.

"I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go." He sobs.

"I know, I'm sorry- I know." I say, our voices overlapping.

Tony helps me keep Peter stable and we lay him down on the ground.

He looks at both of us. I hold his face in my hands and rub my thumbs along his cheek bones, trying not to cry until it's done. I quickly kiss his cheek, biting my lip to conceal my sobs that try so hard to escape.

"I'm sorry." Peter breathes. He looks up to the sky and slowly turns to dust.

I let out a breath as he blows away, disappearing from my hands. I lean on my hands and knees, groaning as I feel them all die

Not all of them I can specify but each was passing through me.

I let out a long, painful sob as I feel Wanda's connection to me shatter.

Then Bucky. Then Sam, Vision, T'Challa, Ned, MJ, everyone.

Tony leans his head into his hands. I circle my knee into my chest and rest my tired and bloody head, letting my other leg lay flat.

"He did it." The blue woman says.

"Are you okay, Y/n- please, tell me you're okay." He says without looking at me. I pause and takes a deep breath.

"I just felt... everyone I love die." I mutter. "And I don't think I can fix it." I say through a sob.

"Me neither." He gets up and extends his hand out to me. I accept it and he helps me up.

"We gotta find a way outta this place." He says and wraps my arm around the back of his neck.

Before we can get far, my head goes dizzy and my eyes went blank.

I'm out like a light. In my head I can see us. I'm at home in the Avenger's tower, before the Accords, before Lagos. I'm in my training clothes and my hair is in a long braid. Steve stands opposite of me with his shield covering up to his neck.

"Okay, I want you to blast at the centre of the star as you can." Steve tells me.

"Okay." I exhale, cracking my knuckles and then my neck. I shake out my wrists and then create a ball of energy in my palms.

I fiddle with the blast for a moment before launching it at Steve and nearly hitting him in the head. He ducks and covers his head with the shield then looks back at the burn marks on the wall.

I stand there with my hand over my mouth in shock while Wanda, Sam and Clint giggle from behind us.

I remember that day so clearly. Life was so simple, nobody expected what would happen.

And I keep seeing moments like that over and over in my head. Like that time Tony set up a movie night for the team and we watched Borat. I've never seen them all laugh so hard.

Or the time Steve, Wanda and I pranked Sam in our kitchen at Avengers tower and he made an absolute mess of the milk and cereal on the counter.

When Wanda and I tried playing video games with Tony for the first time.

When Sam tried to take me driving once. Never again. I confused the gas pedal and the break and revved the hell out of the engine, nearly giving the man a heart attack.

Natasha trying to help me shopping, which turned into me helping her with shopping.

Even the night I got caught on a roof with 'Spider-man' for the first time and everyone at school wouldn't stop saying how Spider-Man & the Red Dahlia were made for each other

But now we will never be the same.

•   •   •