Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

I turn my head to where the source are coming from. My eyes widened to see The Fire Nations. W-Wait... what?! They're already here?!

-Escaped-

Y/N P.O.V

"Don't let them escape!" One of the Fire Nation said. They start shooting a lot of stream of fires towards me. I stand up on b/n's head and starts using my air-bending to extinguish all the fires.

"b/n! Let's get out of here!!" I said. She groan and turns to fly away. I turn my head making sure the flame isn't coming towards us. I see one of the Fire Nation walks towards R/M, grabbing him by his collar.

I bit my lips as I contemplate what I have to do. l/n starts chittering next to me. I turn to look at her. "I know... he may've betrayed me, l/n. But still... he's the one that took care of me" I said. She keeps on chittering as if she knows what I'm going to do.

"I'm sorry! I can't help it, okay? Gyatso told me that everyone deserve a second chance. I can't just leave him... who knows what they're going to do to him. I've seen what a Fire Bender is capable of. I've seen it with my own eyes when they took away all of our people..." I said. She stops chittering and just stare at me with her rounded eyes.

I turn b/n around to go back to the village. I can see bursts of flames around the place. "You two go that way... after I'm done I'll come for you guys..." I said, pointing towards a certain direction. b/n groans at me. I grab my glider and jumps of her back.

I land on the ground and starts to fight off the Fire Nation. There are so many of them and they come from all directions. I'm not going to be able to fight them all.

I start to feel exhausted. A stream of fire is shot at me and I didn't react in time. It hits my back and I fall to the ground. They appear in front of me. One of them is about to shoot stream at me when suddenly, he got covered by a rug sack.

A hand appear in front of me. I look up for a brief moment, I see Gyatso. As my vision clears, I realize it's R/M. I glare at him as I try to stand up, but I can't as my whole body is aching badly.

"Please, Y/N... let me help you. I realize what I did was wrong the moment came back even after what I did" he said. I can hear the sincere in his voice. I can see that he looks guilty. I let out a sigh and place my hand on top of his. He pulls me up to my feet.

He looks behind me and his eyes widened. He grabs me and turns us around. I watch in horror as a burst of fire hits his back. He falls forward, laying on his stomach.

"R/M... NO!!" I yelled, tears streams down both of my cheeks. I fall on my knees as I watch R/M. He's breathing heavily and his back is badly burnt.

"I'm sorry... I hope you can forgive me..." he said, in a weak voice. I bit my lips as I try my best not to cry. "I... I forgive you..." I said. He smiles at me. I watch as the light slowly leave his eyes. I hear footsteps and turns around to see the Fire Nations have surrounds me.

They shoot fire at me simultaneously. I just close my eyes as I don't know what else to do. Maybe it's time for me to go. At least... I can be with my people once again.

***

I wake up to something licking my cheek. I open my eyes to see l/n. She chitters as she stares at me. "l/n... what happened?" I said, still in daze. She jumps in her spot. I move to sit up. I look around. My eyes widened to see all the Fire Nations lay all around me, unconscious.

"What... h-how did t-this happen?" I said, in shock. I hear a loud groan. I turn my head to see my bison. I get up and walk towards her. My body felt light even after all the fighting. I stand near b/n and jumps up, landing on her head. I turn my head to see R/M on the ground... lifeless.

I feel tears streaming down my cheeks. He may have betrayed me. But at the last seconds of his life... he tried protecting me and lost his life in doing so. This makes me feel so angry at myself.

"First Gyatso... now R/M. Why am I so weak?!" I yell out. I grab a fabric from b/n's back. I jump down her saddle and lands smoothly on the ground. I walk up to R/M.

I drape the fabric over her body. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you..." I said. I turn my head and saw a single flower on the ground. I pluck it and lay it gently on top of R/M.

I wipe my tears and stands up. I turn around and run. I jump on top of b/n. "Come on, girl... let's get out of here. Yip-yip!" I said, in a hush voice. She let out a groan and she starts to fly. We keep flying and I don't look back, not even once. I know I won't be strong if I see what I've brought to this place.

Time-skip

We have been flying for a while. I don't know where we are. I don't want to go to another village. I don't want the same thing to happen again.

I notice a cave that's relatively high from the ground. It'll be hard to notice from the ground. "There... we should camp there..." I said. I urge b/n to fly there and she comply.

We land on the ground. I look around the place to see there's a beautiful waterfall inside it. The place is also huge. Huge enough for all of us and at least 20 families.

"This place will do... I can build a small cabin here. This will be my new home" I said, smiling. We walk further inside. l/n lands on my shoulder and I gently pat her fur. I have a lot to do for this place. But I'm sure that I can manage. This is it... my new home.

*to be continued*