Chapter 67

Previously on Chapter 66

"No, Sokka..." Princess Yue said. "It's okay, you don't have to say anything. I'll see you around, okay?" He said. He turns around to leave. But Princess Yue quickly grab him and turns him around, kissing him. I let out a shaky breath as I turn around to leave. Not wanting to see that anymore.

-Dueling-

Y/N P.O.V

I lean my back against the wall, crying softly. I know I said that I'll try to move on. But... my heart still hurts. I didn't know it's going to hurt this much. Is this what love can do? It can be both amazing... yet it can also be horrifying.

I hear footsteps coming closer. But I ignore it. "Y/N..." The person said. I turn my head to see Katara. I wipe away the tears and looks away from her. "What do you want? Are you here to insult me again?" I said in a cold voice.

"No... I'm here to apologize. You were right. I should have think before saying anything. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Y/N... it was just a hit of the moment..." she said. "That still doesn't give you the right to talk bad about people" I said, rolling my eyes.

"I know. But please... forgive me?" She said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at her. "Sure... a fight like this is normal in friendship. As long as by the end of it, we are able to solve the mistake..." I said. She grins and pulls me into a hug. I smile and hugs her back.

I pull away and turn my head to look ahead. "So... Y/N?" Katara said. "Yeah?" I said. "I saw you crying a while ago. So... why were you crying?" She said. I let out a sigh and shake my head. "I don't want to talk about it..." I said. "I get it... but I hope you know that talking a problem would make you feel better" she said. I nod my head "yeah... I know" I said, smiling at her. She smiles back, and leans over the bridge as well.

"I like Sokka..." I said, in a low voice. "What?" She said, as she turn to look at me. "I like Sokka" I said, in a much clearer voice. She grins at me. "I knew it..." she said. I let out a sigh and turn away from her. "But he likes Princess Yue..." I said. A tear escapes my eyes.

"Oh... I'm sorry, Y/N..." she said. I shake my head and give her a small smile. "It's okay. As long as he's happy... I'll be happy for him" I said. She smiles at me and gives me a side hug.

***

It's now the next morning. I'm training with Aang. Actually, he is. I just sit back and watch because Master Pakku told me to, as he wants to focus on Aang.

Aang turns a blob of water into streams and throws it off awkwardly. I shake my head at him. He's been playing around during classes, that's why he's having a difficulty right now.

"Not bad, not bad... keep practicing and maybe you'll get it by the time you're my age" Master Pakku said, sarcastically. I let out a soft giggle. Aang turns to me and glare playfully, making me laugh even more. He smiles when he looks past me. I turn around as well, noticing Katara.

"Hey, Katara!" Aang said. "Hey..." I said, smiling at her. She smiles back at me. Aang looks at us back and forth. "I see you two have made up..." he said. I smile and nod my head.

"What do you think you're doing?" Master Pakku said. We turn to look at him. He looks up at Katara with a stern expression. "It's past sunrise. You're late" he said. I let out a sigh of relief. I thought he's still refuse to teach Katara.

"Good to see you're here..." Aang said. "You too!" She said. "What about me??" I said. "Of course, Y/N" Katara said, laughing. I let out a giggle. Then we get into position.

***

Days have passed and now Katara is a water-bending master. She's a fast learner. I'm impressed at how well she manage to learn.

Right now we're all sitting in line, as Katara is on a sparing with a boy name Sangok. I can literally see the nervousness radiating from the boy as he stands there with a sloppy stance.

He bends a glob of water, freezing it and send it to Katara. Katara is quick to melt the ice. She turns around and bends a wave of water towards Sangok. She freezes the water, trapping the poor boy.

"Nice try, pupil Sangok. A couple more years and you'll be able to fight a sea sponge" Master Pakku said, sarcastically. I cover my mouth, trying my best to not laugh at his comment. He turns around and face the other boys.

"Would anyone care for a rematch with Katara?" He said. I turn to look at them. They look exhausted and pretty beat up. Some of them covered in snow. I let out a laugh at the sight.

"I'll go" I said. Master Pakku nods his head. I stand up and face Katara. I jump, creating a stream of water around me. I spin around, sending it towards her. She moves her arms, stopping the water mid ways. She swings her arms sending spikes of ice to me.

I reach town and lift my hands, creating a wall of ice. The spikes impales themselves in the wall. I unfreeze the wall of ice, sending it to Katara as a wave. She move her arms, creating a door as the wave moves pass her. She melts the ice beneath me, causing me to fall through and freeze it again. Which makes me stuck, along with my hands.

I blink in surprise as I can't move at all. "Impressive, Katara..." I said, smiling at her. She walks towards me and unfreeze the water around me. I move my feet so I can keep floating. She outstretch her hand. I grab it and she pulls me up. I use my air-bending to dry myself.

"Katara, you've advance more quickly than any students I've ever trained. You have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work you can accomplish anything. That was also an excellent battle coming from you, Avatar Y/N. Well done..." he said.

"Thank you, master. But I still have a lot to learn..." I said, smiling and I bow at him. He turns to Aang and scowls. I turn to look at him and sigh when I see him using his air-bending sphere, while Momo is on top of it. l/n is sitting next to him as she watch Momo.

"Your brother however... I have no words. It's not enough to only rely on raw talent. Pupil Aang!" He said. He stops his bending, causing Momo to fall on his head.

"Yes, Master Pakku?" He said. "Care to step into the sparing circle? I figure since you've found time to play with house pets. You must have already master water-bending" he said. "I wouldn't say master, but check this out" he said. He bends the snow and cover his body with them, forming a snowman. I let out a sigh and shake my head. Seriously Aang?

I feel something in the air. "Something's wrong..." I said, turning my head to the sky. Katara turns to look at me. "What is it?" She said. I run forward and jumps to the building.

Soon enough, there's black ashes falling from the sky. I outstretch my hand and catch one. I look at my hand, using my free hand to grab it with my finger.

I stare at it as I gently rub my finger together. It feels warm... and... dusty. My eyes widened in realization as I finally figure out what's happening or what's about to happen. I turn my head into the distance as more black ash starts falling from the sky.

Oh no...

*to be continued*