Chapter 60

Previously on Chapter 59

"I completely understand. I just wanted you to know that it's here..." Teo said, smiling softly. Even though he said he's okay with it, I can tell he isn't. I can hear the disappointment in his voice. I let out a sigh and turn to look at the door once again. At least...

One thing hasn't changed

-I Can't Believe This-

Y/N P.O.V

"Thanks, Teo..." I said, smiling at him. He smiles at me. Then the four of us walks away from the room. I hurts that not a single part of this place is the same... but at least this one room is.

***

Teo suggested that we should go for a fly. While me and Aang agree in a heartbeat, Katara is hesitant. I assure her that I'll protect her... so in the end, she agreed to come with us.

I'm holding my glider, standing next to Katara who's holding a huge one. I can see the nervous look on her face, making me giggle softly. She turns to me with a stern expression, making me clear my throat. I walk towards her and smile.

"Go for it, Katara... it's going to be alright" I said. Teo moves towards us, looking at Katara with an encouraging smile on his face. "Let the wind carry you. It supports something inside you. Something even lighter than air. And that something takes over when you fly!" he said. I nod my head with a smile, agreeing with Teo.

Katara puts down her glider and look up at the sky where other people are gliding. "I've changed my mind. I think I was born without that something" she said. "Impossible! Everyone has it!" Teo said. "Yeah, Katara! You'll never know if you never try. Come on! I'll make sure you wont fall off" I said, trying to encourage her.

"Spirit..." Aang said. "What?" Teo said, looking at Aang in confusion. "Spirit. That's the something you talked about" I said, earning a grin from Aang. "You know.. the way you two finished each other's words is kinda creepy..." Katara said. I start to giggle at her comment. Teo and Aang laughs as well. "Yeah... I suppose it is..." Teo said, making me smile at him.

"Are you ready?" Teo said. "No!!" Katara said, as we stand by the drop of. But she eventually jumps off anyway, but with a loud shriek. I jump off as well, trying to look out for her. She eventually starts to glide with the air. Her screaming turns into laughter. I giggle and smile at her, making her grin back at me.

I fly next to her with Aang, Momo and l/n. "See? It wasn't so bad" I said, making her grin at me. "Just make sure to close your mouth. So you don't swallow a bug" Aang said. "Teo was right about the air. All I had to do was trust it, let it carry me" she said. "Now that's the spirit!" I said, happily. "Even though Teo is not an air-bender. He really does have the spirit of one" Aang said. "He sure does!" I said. I turn to land on the ground, followed by Aang and Teo.

I scoot closer to Aang so I can whisper to him. "Hey, I think it's okay if we show Teo the room" I said. He nods his head in agreement. He turns to Teo with a smile on his face.

"If you want to see what's in the room. I'd be happy to open the door for you" Aang said. "Great!!" Teo said, excitedly. "Wait!!" I hear Katara said. I turn to look at him.

"How do I land this thing?? What if I land over-" she suddenly starts coughing. "A-Ack! Bleck! Bug! Bug! Ack! That was a bug!" She screamed. I burst out into laughter. "Hang on, Katara... I'm coming to get you" I said. I open my glider and fly towards her to guide her down.

***

"Do you wanna open it... or should I?" I asked as I turn to look at Aang. "I will..." he said, smiling at me. I just nod my head and take a step back. Aang turns to look at the door and perform his air-bending. The door opens just like the ones we had back home.

But I none of us are prepared for what's inside the room. My eyes widened when I saw what's in there. From all sides of the room, it's filled with weapons. But that's not what shocks me... but it's the fact that those weapons have Fire Nation's insignia in it.

"This..." I stuttered out. "This is a nightmare..." my brother said. "You don't understand!" Someone said. I turn around to see the Mechanist. "You're making weapons for the Fire Nations?!" Sokka said, looking at him with judging look.

"Explain all this! Now!!" Teo said, in demanding tone as he looks at his father in anger. He looks a little hesitant. He heaved out a sigh.

"It was about a year after we moved here. The Fire Nation soldiers found our settlement. You were too young to remember this, Teo. They were going to destroy everything! Burn it to the ground! I pleaded with them, I begged them to spare us! They asked what I had to offer. I offered... my service. You must understand. I did this for you!!" He said, looking at his son with pleading look.

Teo looks away, I can see shame written in his face. He must have felt so hurt by what his father have been doing all these years. I shake my head as I let out an airy laugh.

"I can't... I can't believe this! I can't believe you chose to provide weapons for those monsters! You knew what they did!! They destroyed our home! They killed Aang's and my people! We became the only air-benders left because of those cruel beings! Yet... yet this is what you've been doing?! By helping them? How could you do this?! You traitor!!" I yelled at him. He looks down in shame. Then he just walks away without saying anything else.

I turn to look at my brother. "Aang... we've got to do something. We can't let them destroy this temple" I said. He nods his head in agreement. "Of course we will, sis..." he said, placing a hand on my shoulders while smiling reassuringly at me. I just smile back at him. I pull him into a hug, gently resting my chin on his shoulder.

*to be continued*