Chapter 54

Previously on Chapter 53

"I guess we'll have to wait now, huh?" I said. Aang let out a sad sigh. I pat his back softly. I turn my body and take a seat on top of a stone. I look up at the sky and enjoy the soft breeze.

-Attempting-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit on the ground, with my back leaning against a rock. The others are currently asleep, but I couldn't sleep. So I just sit there, staring at the sky watching the stars.

I hear footsteps and turn my head to see Chey. He's making his way over to us. "Welcome back" I said. The others instantly wakes up after I said that.

"What happened? Can we see Jeong Jeong now??" Aang said, excitedly. "He won't see you. He's very angry that I brought you here. He wants you to leave immediately" he said. "Finally! Let's hit the road!!" Sokka said, standing up.

"Why won't he see us?" Aang said. "He says you're not ready. Says you haven't mastered water-bending and earth-bending yet" Chey said. "That's what I've been trying to tell him. But he won't listen..." I said, crossing my arms. Aang turns to me with a straight face.

"You're not helping. Wait, how does he know that??" He said, turning to Chey. "He saw the way you walk into camp. He could tell" he said. "We're going in anyway!" Aang said, grabbing my hand. "Hey! I did not agree to this!" I said. But he's not listening to me and keep pulling me along. I let out a huff and follow him.

We walk into Jeong Jeong's cottage. I can see a man meditating with candles surrounding him. His back is facing us. "Aang... I really don't think this is a good idea" I whispered. But he just take a deep breath and walks inside, pulling me along. Ah sheesh... this guy never listens.

"Get out" Jeong Jeong said, without turning to face us. "Master, I need to learn fire-bending" Aang said. "Only a fool seeks for his own destruction" he said, in annoyance. "But my sister and I are the Avatars. It's our destinies to-" Aang tries to say, but the got cut off.

"Destiny? What would a boy know of destiny? If a fish lives its whole life in this river, does he knows the rivers destiny? No! Only that it runs on and on out of his control! He may follow where it flows, but he cannot see the end! He can't imagine the ocean" he said, angrily.

"Okay, but it's the Avatars's duty to master all of the bending disciplines" Aang said. "To master the bending's disciplines, you must master discipline itself! But you have no interest in this. So I have no interest in you! Now, get out!" He said. "Please, I have to learn... this could be my only chance! Y/N... help me out here..." he said, turning to me.

"Aang... enough. He won't teach us..." I said. "But he have to! Can't you see? We might not find any other fire-benders who are not on the Fire Lord's side!" He said, frustratedly. "But we can't skip elements, Aang! We don't know what will happen! What if it ended up being a disaster!" I said.

"Are you deaf? Even your sister understands the rules... the discipline! How can I teach you if you refuse to listen? Not only to me. But your sister too! Before learning fire-bending you must learn water and earth! Water is cool and soothing. Earth is steady and stable. But fire, fire is alive! It breathes, it grows! Without the bender, a rock will not throw itself! But fire will spread and destroy everything in its path if one does not have the will to control it! That is its destiny, you are not ready! You are too weak!!" He yelled at him.

Jeong Jeong P.O.V

The fire starts twirling around. I look at the kids in front of me. They glows and merged. It's too bright that I have to look away for a brief moment. When I look back, I can see Avatar Roku in front of me.

"You think I'm weak?" He said. "Avatar Roku... No! No... I did not mean that..." I said, bowing at him. "I have mastered the elements a thousands times in a thousands lifetime. Now, I must do it once again. You will teach the Avatars fire-bending" he said.

Y/N P.O.V

"Yes, yes. I will teach you..." he said. I look at him in surprise that he suddenly changed his mind after he looks in daze. "Really?" I said. "Really? That's great!" Aang said, happily. I can see Jeong Jeong groaning. I have a feeling he's not feeling so sure about this.

Time-skip

It's the next morning. Jeong Jeong will start to teach us. At first, I was a bit reluctant. But Aang convince me to actually give it a try. He gives me a pleading look, knowing it's my weakness. So in the end, I end up agreeing with him.

There's two flat stone in the river. Aang stood on one of them, while I stood on the other. Jeong Jeong is standing across from us on the land.

He have his hands behind his back as he looks at us with stern expression. "Widen your stance. Wider! Look at your sister. She have a perfect stance. Bend your knees. Now, concentrate. Good... good..." he said. He turns around to leave.

"Wait! What do I do now?!" Aang said. "Silence! Talking is not concentrating! Look at your sister and friend, are they talking? Even that oaf knows to concentrate on what he's doing" he said. "Hey!!" Sokka said, clearly offended by his comment. I snorted a little, which makes Jeong Jeong turns to me.

I clear my throat. "Sorry, Master" I said, resuming to concentrate. Aang turns to me and chuckles a little. He instantly stops when Jeong Jeong glares at him. "But what are we concentrating on?" Aang said. "Feel the heat of the sun! It is the greatest source of fire. Yet, it is in complete balance with nature" he said. He turns to leave.

"So... when do we get to make fire?" Aang said again. "Concentrate!!" Jeong Jeong yelled. I let out a sigh and giggle. Sokka and Katara also laughs. Making him blush in embarrassment. I shake my head and focus on myself. If I'm going to attempt learning fire-bending, I might as well do it properly. I can only hope nothing bad will happen because we try to skip elements. But... oh well.

*to be continued*